• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

How many more school shootings before the NRA allows common sense?

The military does use them in the right situation, close combat situations a shotgun is better than a rifle. For greater than 100 yrds away then you get to the area where the rifle is superior to a shotgun.

You your self said earlier that for home defense a shotgun is better no? Whats the average range for that? maybe 10-15 yrds at max? Whats the average distance for school hallways? Classrooms?

You're full of shit and you know it. An AR-15 fires 900 rounds a minute. A shotgun shoots six shells in ten seconds before reloading. Sure, anybody shot by a shotgun from 15 yards away is toast (or even twice that), but an AR-15 has a range of 1/4-mile.

i think they just carry one to blow open doors or shoot non-lethal rounds for security

You're full of shit and you know it. An AR-15 fires 900 rounds a minute. A shotgun shoots six shells in ten seconds before reloading. Sure, anybody shot by a shotgun from 15 yards away is toast (or even twice that), but an AR-15 has a range of 1/4-mile.

Now, there's some bullshit.

So the argument is that shotguns are better but not one person conducting a mass shooting has ever done any research and every single one of them knows nothing about guns so they just stumble into their rampage, yep seems plausible.

Any meaningful gun control reform is going to limit the freedoms of gun enthusiasts and hunters. It just will. Tough shit. We need to stop slow playing this and pretending otherwise. You like hunting and you have 5 different types of rifles and you're responsible yadayadayada tough shit. We're putting you on a registry, making you responsible for your guns if you ever sell them or have them stolen, taking some of your guns, and making it harder for you to get more guns. You can keep hunting, but your hobby just got more complicated and burdensome.

You literally just made my point for me you realize that right?

You literally just made my point for me you realize that right?
Shot guns carry less ammo load and have a much smaller danger range, ideal for massive short range impact. Not the ideal for killing multiple moving people over extended time, because people aren't ducks.

the idea that a shotgun is more lethal than an AR15 is just about the dumbest argument a person can make, unless we're talking Halo 1-3 multiplayer

But I also dont think anyone under 21 should own a shotgun without a legal sponsor who would cohold responsibility for anything done with that gun.

Let's play count the shotguns

us-navy-seals-members.jpg

3tHia8j.jpg

paris-police-raid-afp.jpg

The reality is there is no rational reason for private citizens to have assault style rifles. In Heller, even the most RW Justice,Alito, wrote that gun laws were absolutely constitutional as long as they didn't totally ban all private gun ownership.

I feel like we're getting off topic. When people can kill 17 people and wound 14 more with a shotgun, or kill 50 and wound 700 with a shotgun, we'll talk about shotguns.

Let's play count the shotguns

us-navy-seals-members.jpg

3tHia8j.jpg

paris-police-raid-afp.jpg

They obviously just don't understand guns.

seawolf, school buildings typically aren't that small. These shootings are usually about volume of bullets fired anyway. These assholes typically aren't highly trained marksmen, but these guns are so good at what they are designed to do, that doesn't matter when you have thousands of kids in a building caught by surprise.

Hey sea wolf, do you think gun owners should have to get insurance?

Also appreciate the gun nuts carefully using the softer term “firearm” in place of gun. Because they know gun sounds bad. Reminiscent of the tobacco industry using the term “smokeless tobacco”

Also appreciate the gun nuts carefully using the softer term “firearm” in place of gun. Because they know gun sounds bad. Reminiscent of the tobacco industry using the term “smokeless tobacco”

Is that the reason? I always assumed it was the evoke thoughts of the 2nd Amendment.

Back