• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

How Many Times Have You Been High?

with its barbed point digging
into the soft palate behind my lower teeth
I am dragged along the mud and rock-strewn
bottom for forty feet, then pulled up
drawn toward the light as I twist and
yank my head side to side and the hook
lodges deeper in my mouth I taste
the blood a silent cry goes up through
my skull and it is all so quick I see
the surface a hand the light overwhelms
me, and I lunge a last time with the hook
ripping across my lips and I'm free
suddenly falling back gasping through
air then slipping beneath the surface
into the dim, green sweetness and
the flesh of my mouth throbbing water
flowing through me and yet slowly,
beyond thought or even the will
to survive, I feel myself turn and
go back, seeking the hook and it
is there again, waiting for me,
rigid and tiny, the hidden barb
like a beautiful lie, too powerful
for me to resist, so that later when
they lift me, strip me, tear my guts
out and present me cooked and
spread open, I will believe I am being
honored like a new king.

You've got to hand it to George Lucas -- Han Solo is pretty much the coolest name of any fictional character in any medium.

^ Is this a Phish song? Have I seen it played live?

Ha, that is actually kind of like Theme From the Bottom, which I do believe we heard at one of the shows.

It's a poem by this guy Lou Lipsitz, who is a total badass and a friend of my loud, little red haired man friend, whom you have met. Nonny posted about fish and I immediately flashed on that, so I got one of my collections of his and it was the first one.

Edit: "Flashed." Geez, I've been reading A Scanner Darkly lately -- not the best vibe if one is strong. It's creeping into my vocab.

Last edited:
I'm moving tomorrow and I have a cop (friend of a friend) hanging out with us tonight, and pregaming at our place first. She says he's been around her getting strong in the past and doesn't care, but I'm still a bit iffy on the matter. Trap? Either way, think I'm gonna do all my packing of my workout stuff tonight before they come over.

So this ended up being the night in DC during the huge storm where we completely lost power. We all head back to my place at around 2 when the bars closed down, not knowing that my entire house would have no power. When deciding what to do for light, my female friend (the one friends with the cop) recommended that we get strong from a bong, because it would provide light. I was pretty drunk and thinking this somehow has to be another trap, but the cop saw my face and started rattling something off about entrapment. He seemed pretty chill throughout the night and said he wouldn't mind if we smoked, but that he couldn't. The girl ends up just going into my cupboards where my workout equipment is and starts getting strong. I followed and cop just kinda hung out and drank.

May not have been the smartest play but now I know I've got a chill cop in my back pocket if ever necessary.

Rick Steves continues to offer proof he is the motherfuckin' man.

http://www.thestranger.com/seattle/pot/Content?oid=14090212

When I called Rick Steves to ask him about Initiative 502, I also asked him what his favorite thing to do high is. "I love to go look at Botticelli paintings in Florence," he said, mentioning that he's never in Seattle during the summer. But then he added, "One thing I fly home for is Hempfest."

el chupe what happened to our boy jack sock at wimbledon? one would expect better results when they make a deal with the devil, no?

Spent the weekend down in Winston and upon planning a day on the Dan River, knew I had to get some strength for the trip. Since I had just golfed that morning and the previous day, I figured I'd create a little challenge. Put the tree in my stinky shoes and see if I ended up with shoes smelling like tree or tree smelling like dirty shoes. But damn, those shoes didn't have a chance. Tried putting them in the trunk simply because my car smelled straight hot-boxed. It's some damn good strength, though.

They need to make a Superman movie where Superman just flies around calling people assholes. Like, he could be all, "you fucking assholses," whenever he sees some dude stealing a car or a a pet from someone's yard. I would watch that film.

People are always saying, "oh, I can't wait to meet your baby." And I'm all thinking "meet" is a strange way to describe the situation that will occur. You will approach my baby and be all like oh man he is cute. And my baby will be like, "blah blah da ga ga." That's not my idea of meeting, but people still say that. Hell, I've said that. But it feels weird.

I met the broad who would become my wife like 12 years ago any day now. Strange to think about in retrospect that the moment I met her was the moment I met the chick who would become my wife. You youngsters keep that in mind. Any babe you run into and throw game at could end up being your wife. Or husband, but chicks don't seem to post on this thread. What's up with that? We need some strong broads on this thread. This is a thread for everyone. Muthafuckin', rjkarl has some good posts on this thread. Let's hear it from the ladies.

Strength on beach looking at stars listening to tunes may be best strength.

What's the deal with chicks not digging getting strong? are they worried about putting on too much muscle? I feel like 80% of chick problems could be solved by strength. The government should force chicks into strength experiments.
PMS-check
Nagging- check
Poor sense of humor- check

I probs missing some stuff but seriously that's like 90% of why chicks are awful. I'm gonna pitch this to the midol people, extra "strength" midol, you don't tell the chicks what it is. They just need to market it as a new product, maybe it could be in an inhaler container or something. It could only be legal in states with medicinal but as long as the docs just write the scripts and dont let the babes in on the secret we're set

I feel like most hot girls dated that one over-the-top stoner dude in her past and that just ruined it for all the regular functioning smokers. She got all the negative backlash from her friends and family, as well as the high school or whatever aged kid probably was pretty lazy and unsuccessful, and now she just associates all dudes that smoke with that one pothead from her past.

If every girl smoked though, they'd all be so much fatter. Most the girls I get strong with cannot at all control their munchies. Seriously, they will eat everything in your house.

chicks totally get strong rj, "wanna go back and smoke" is a $ line.

i never get strong. i totally would if i could reunite the great triumvirate of rubbins, sayhey, and chupe. chupe is on board already, so i just gotta figure out how to bribe mrs. rubbins & mrs. say hey (thinking edible arraignments, married women totally love artsy fruit.) and i am golden ponyboy.

drinking brews, on the other hand, well that's a regular tuesday.

chicks totally get strong rj, "wanna go back and smoke" is a $ line.

i never get strong. i totally would if i could reunite the great triumvirate of rubbins, sayhey, and chupe. chupe is on board already, so i just gotta figure out how to bribe mrs. rubbins & mrs. say hey (thinking edible arraignments, married women totally love artsy fruit.) and i am golden ponyboy.

drinking brews, on the other hand, well that's a regular tuesday.

I think once you get old this line isn't nearly as money

Y'all live in uptight cities/date chicks that are too old

chicks are neurotic and paranoid enough as it is. they don't need the weed too.

Back