• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

How Many Times Have You Been High?

My little bro who is 17 now used to have fatheads instead of posters. he had an Adrian Peterson and a manny ramirez one. that was probs like 2006

yeah impressive post by me, I was referring to 420's earlier question as to whether kids still have posters and who the posters are of. I didn't realize anyone actually bought fatheads but it makes sense that stupid 10 year olds would. The Manny one was silly though, kinda wish I had that bad boy.

The oddest thing took place on the drive up to Fredericksburg and drive back. First, the drive up sucked. There were torrential downpours almost the entire time and I had my hazards on most of the time because visibility was lowwww.

Anyway, a few years ago I was kind of seeing this girl in Richmond and would drive up there to get some butt a few times. South of Richmond there are all those interchanges where the ramps start going all over the place. As I was passing once on the way to see this broad one afternoon/early evening I caught a glimpse of this old Native American man standing just off the highway behind a barrier, wearing a poncho type covering. I remember passing him, thinking WTF was that Indian old timer doing, then looking back and not seeing him. I thought it was weird and it felt kind of spooky, but figured I might not have caught him in my mirror or something, or it was just some homeless guy wearing some discarded carpet I mistook for traditional indigenous attire, and eventually I forgot about it.

So I'm driving up there yesterday and as I approach that jumble of arteries I remembered the old Indian man. I got a serious case of deja vu -- did I actually see that Indian man, or did I just dream it and now that dream has kind of evolved into something as clear as a moment that actually happened. But I remembered these clear details about it and I felt this memory -- it wasn't just a hazy outline -- as if I had just seen him again. I recalled the feeling rather than just the memory. So I kept on driving, but took note of that and how it just seemed an odd manifestation of that recollection.

I'm driving back (I had a couple of g & ts before the show, but was straight and sober at this point, hadn't even smoked) and I get to this junction and I just start to get the chills bad. I'm not shaking, but my skin is moving, crawling, not in a bad way, just in a powerful way. My nose opens up like it kind of feels when it is about to bleed, I tear up and have to take a couple of really deep breaths. It wasn't a fright, it wasn't the same kind of goose bump chills one gets when one is overwhelmed by a strong emotion; it was just this really weird electric sensation -- I don't want to say it felt like there was some sort of presence, it wasn't that either, but it felt like something else was interfering or interacting with my environment.

I know that sounds ridiculous and might be better for that thread where tsy goes into the genealogy of the ghost in his house, but I needed to type it out this time and share.

The oddest thing took place on the drive up to Fredericksburg and drive back. First, the drive up sucked. There were torrential downpours almost the entire time and I had my hazards on most of the time because visibility was lowwww.

Anyway, a few years ago I was kind of seeing this girl in Richmond and would drive up there to get some butt a few times. South of Richmond there are all those interchanges where the ramps start going all over the place. As I was passing once on the way to see this broad one afternoon/early evening I caught a glimpse of this old Native American man standing just off the highway behind a barrier, wearing a poncho type covering. I remember passing him, thinking WTF was that Indian old timer doing, then looking back and not seeing him. I thought it was weird and it felt kind of spooky, but figured I might not have caught him in my mirror or something, or it was just some homeless guy wearing some discarded carpet I mistook for traditional indigenous attire, and eventually I forgot about it.

So I'm driving up there yesterday and as I approach that jumble of arteries I remembered the old Indian man. I got a serious case of deja vu -- did I actually see that Indian man, or did I just dream it and now that dream has kind of evolved into something as clear as a moment that actually happened. But I remembered these clear details about it and I felt this memory -- it wasn't just a hazy outline -- as if I had just seen him again. I recalled the feeling rather than just the memory. So I kept on driving, but took note of that and how it just seemed an odd manifestation of that recollection.

I'm driving back (I had a couple of g & ts before the show, but was straight and sober at this point, hadn't even smoked) and I get to this junction and I just start to get the chills bad. I'm not shaking, but my skin is moving, crawling, not in a bad way, just in a powerful way. My nose opens up like it kind of feels when it is about to bleed, I tear up and have to take a couple of really deep breaths. It wasn't a fright, it wasn't the same kind of goose bump chills one gets when one is overwhelmed by a strong emotion; it was just this really weird electric sensation -- I don't want to say it felt like there was some sort of presence, it wasn't that either, but it felt like something else was interfering or interacting with my environment.

I know that sounds ridiculous and might be better for that thread where tsy goes into the genealogy of the ghost in his house, but I needed to type it out this time and share.

Funny you should mention that. I'm assuming you are talking about the interchange between I-95 and Pocahontas Parkway. I ran across this article a few weeks ago:

http://wtvr.com/2012/06/18/economy-not-ghosts-haunt-pochantas-parkway/

Since the road was built there have been reports that it is haunted. One trucker reported seeing Indians on horseback carrying torches. Even law enforcement has seen strange things in the area.

Yeah, I drive this road regularly to get to Williamsburg. I've obviously never seen anything, but it wouldn't surprise me if there were some pissed off Indian ghosts. $3 for a toll is ridiculous. After some more Googling:

You don't have to "believe" in ghosts to run into them. In Virginia, Indian ghosts regularly appear on the newly-opened Pocahontas Parkway. One truck driver recently saw three of them. "The truck driver came through and said he saw [three] Indians in the middle of the highway lined up by the woods, each of them holding a torch," says a parkway toll taker. The warriors were illuminated clearly by the light from their fiery torches, and looked so real that the driver blasted his horn to tell them to get off the road. But the woman in the toll booth knew they were ghosts, since she'd heard the same story from so many other drivers.

Troopers who work along the Pocahontas Parkway say they have responded to dozens of such calls. A recent one was on July 1st at 3:11 a.m. Two days later, at 1:44 a.m., roadway workers reported "see[ing] a subject running back and forth around the loading dock." Troopers responded both times and found nothing. In both cases, the Indians were described as having cloudy but fully formed legs, arms and torsos, with only a vague outline of a head. Troopers and workers also have reported hearing Indian drums.

Long after midnight, drivers and roadway workers report hearing whoops, shouts and cries from what seem like dozens of voices. Some people claim the noises are from a nearby kennel, but one trooper says, "I know what a bunch of hunting dogs sound like, and it doesn't sound anything like that."

State police spokeswoman Corinne Geller visited the toll plaza late at night and says,"Three separate times during our watch, I heard high-pitched howls and screams, not the kind of screams of a person in trouble, but whooping. There were at least a dozen to 15 [voices]. I would say every hair on my body was standing up when we heard those noises."

An engineer for Blau-Velt, who is working nights to complete the parkway bridge's construction, says, "It was me and two or three other guys and we could see a horse and there was an Indian sitting on it. It was right at the bottom of the bridge." The engineers started toward the rider, "because you're not allowed to have a horse on an interstate," but both the Indian and his horse disappeared.

Deanna Beacham of the Nansemond tribe has a theory about the ghosts. "We are anxiously awaiting our federal recognition," she says. "We're still here as place names. We became rivers and streets and roads and communities. Why shouldn't people see physical manifestations of that?"

There is evidence of Indian inhabitation in the area of the parkway from the 1600s to as far back as 3500 BC. Dennis Blanton, an archeologist at the College of William and Mary, organized a dig before construction started. "There were artifacts scattered all over, dating back five or six thousand years," he says. "They had a main village that was closer to Richmond."

Ron Hadad owns Hadad's Lake picnic grounds, which is less than a mile from the toll plaza. He says, "I've been here for 37 years. My mom--we all thought it was funny--she lived in this house before me. She said she used to hear a lot of hooting and hollering. I've never seen any Indians myself, but I've seen my mother's face. They probably built [the roadway] on an Indian burial ground.?

This is why he is the American Hero. First ballot Boards Hall of Famer.

WOW. WOW.

So I have a similar story.... not the same highway, though. I was driving on I-40 once to get from Winston to Boone. It was around 9-10pm at night, and I wasn't under the influence of any drugs or alcohol. On a random bridge/bypass, I saw this American Indian chilling out. He was standing in the middle of the bridge, with his arms crossed, just staring straight forward. It freaked me out, and I've come close to convincing myself that it was just a mirage or a weird dream... but to this day, that image still haunts me. I was drinking/hanging-out with AceOfWake and Cookoutdeac that weekend at our mountain house and I told them about it... I'm pretty sure I can't trust myself to ever do any life-changing drugs like Acid because I'm convinced my brain already comes up with enough weird shit that it would seriously be dangerous... that Native American being a prime example.

Also the first time I ever got strong I smoked way too much and it might have been laced with something. I hallucinated like crazy. My entire backyard turned into a Native American battleground, my rhythmic heartbeats became battle drums, and my beloved dog became a war horse. It was seriously frightening shit. I was convinced I was going to die that night.

Let me understand this. El Chupe posts a story about having the spirit of motherfucking Dances With Wolves in his car, totally legit, and like 3 people are interested. Tsy posts about some holy roller claiming to see a fan stop in his bedroom, and that warrants a 10,000 post thread. CRAZY PILLS.

Knew I was sufficiently strong just now when I looked down to confirm that I was wearing pants. OF COURSE YOU ARE SILLY. Strenghtness achieved.

you guys gotta quit with these block paragraphs. my attention span already rivals a housefly and when i'm strong it's just unbearable. i barely finished this post

Wonder what the wife would do if I taught my peanut to eat raw hamburger meat while she is out of town next week.

my russian sister in law probably eats the equivalent of one burger in raw hamburger meat everytime they grill. in small little pinches. it's kind of awesome.

Every once in a while I kind of wish I could get married again just so the bride and I could do the Acerola dance:

That is really the best dance there is. El Chupe's patented dance is also pretty great though. Even has its own name: the BWilly Bop.

speaking of raw meat, here's a fun german delicacy

hvvv5t.jpg

I really need to get strong soon. As long as I'm working at a company that doesn't care, it feels criminal not too. I think I'mma invite my sister up to DC soon... she makes the strongest m'fuggin' brownies... and I do enjoy a good body-strong.

Back