• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

How Many Wins Will 2017-18 Wake Forest Basketball Have on Selection Sunday?

How many wins for WF on Selection Sunday (excluding exhibition)?

• 0-14

Votes: 4 2.6%

Votes: 1 0.6%

Votes: 3 1.9%

Votes: 11 7.1%

Votes: 23 14.9%

Votes: 29 18.8%

Votes: 37 24.0%

Votes: 30 19.5%

Votes: 12 7.8%
  • 23 or more

Votes: 4 2.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I hate to have such high expectations, but the schedule is relatively "easy" both OOC and in the ACC.

Give me 22 wins.

10-2 OOC (though hoping for 11-1 or even 12-0)

11-7 ACC (though I could see as good as 13-5 or as bad as 8-10)

1-1 in ACC Tourney

22 wins and probably dancing, which I wouldn't have expected before really digging into the schedule.

I'm gonna need a number.

As I said, it's too early to give an accurate number. It could go from 16 to 23 depending on seeing what the bigs are going to do. Let's look at the pre-season.

This isn't like looking at Chaundee and expecting him to upgrade us. We lost our best player , who played PF/C, and our next best PF. We need to see at least something from them.

Nineteen. That is the floor set by the team last year. A decent incoming recruiting class must compensate for the loss of our best player and a three year starter. A conservative guess based on the uncertainty at power forward, at center and poor defense. If Manning works his magic at those two positions and defensively, this could be an outstanding team.

Yes. Chaundee, Melo, and Sarr have huge defensive upside.

Anything less than 20 would be a disappointment and I'm not even sure 20 gets us in the tournament unless the OOC ends up better than expected.

I'm going with 11-1, 9-9, 2-1 for a total of 22. Bubble team again but we sneak in and avoid the first four.

If we have that resume I doubt were a bubble team. Only way would be if we somehow fail to pick up any quality Ws

If we have 22 wins, we'll be a 6-10 seed depending on how we finish the season. Having back-to-back seasons helps.

If we have 22 wins, we'll be a 6-10 seed depending on how we finish the season. Having back-to-back seasons helps.

Agreed. Hell, I think 20 wins gets us an 8-11 seed as long as we don't have any "bad" losses. 22 wins should definitely put us around that 6 seed range.

I think Crawford, Chill and Key alone could win 8 games in our out of conference schedule, so anything less than 19 is a disappointment this year.

Is UVA expected to be good this year? I get it, Bennett's defense, but they were really, I mean really, struggling to score the ball at the end of last year, and they lost Perrantes.

I agree, a lot of teams in the conference are vastly different this year with all the pro departures.

Struggling to score or struggling to score the ball ?

VT won 22 games, had the #307 non-conf SOS and got a 9 seed. If you beat enough good teams you'll be rewarded for it

12-0 OOC
9-9 ACC
1-1 ACCT

22 wins on Selection Sunday.

Laugh now but I nailed it last season. We'll be better than some think.
That's kind of what I saw. Cuse, VT, FSU, Clem, GTech, NCSU, ND W at home and 2 W on the road between BC, Pitt, Cuse, GTech.

Last edited:
22-10

12-0 OOC
9-9 Conference
1-1 in the ACC tournament

I see a toe stub in the OOC as Danny tries to work out lineups. Probably even in ACC reg season and 1 win in tourney
11-1
9-9
1-1
for 21

Agreed. Hell, I think 20 wins gets us an 8-11 seed as long as we don't have any "bad" losses. 22 wins should definitely put us around that 6 seed range.

VT won 22 games, had the #307 non-conf SOS and got a 9 seed. If you beat enough good teams you'll be rewarded for it

Lol at a 6 seed. In 14-15 Miami got left out with 21 wins, a stronger non-conference schedule and two road wins against top 10 teams. The committee is inconsistent as fuck year to year and even in the same year.

If we only have 22 wins on selection Sunday I'd only put our odds of being safely in at 40%.

Also Lol at an 8 seed with 20 wins. We barely got in last year with 19 wins and top 50 OOC schedule. Plus I don't think the ACC will be as strong this year.

Last edited:
I'll take that bet. If we have 22 wins, I'll take that was are IN. You believe we won't be.

I'll take that bet. If we have 22 wins, I'll take that was are IN. You believe we won't be.

I think we will be squarely on the bubble. As many have pointed out it depends on who those 22 wins are against. If we are beating up on the dregs of our schedule and our mid-level ACC peers (like last year) then I'm worried. If we have a couple of big wins then I'll feel better but not 100% confident.

Gun to my head I'm guessing that we get the scalps we need as part of our 22 wins and end up as a 10 seed.

Last edited:
Back