• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

How Many Wins Will 2017-18 Wake Forest Basketball Have on Selection Sunday?

How many wins for WF on Selection Sunday (excluding exhibition)?

• 0-14

Votes: 4 2.6%

Votes: 1 0.6%

Votes: 3 1.9%

Votes: 11 7.1%

Votes: 23 14.9%

Votes: 29 18.8%

Votes: 37 24.0%

Votes: 30 19.5%

Votes: 12 7.8%
  • 23 or more

Votes: 4 2.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Agreed. Hell, I think 20 wins gets us an 8-11 seed as long as we don't have any "bad" losses. 22 wins should definitely put us around that 6 seed range.

It is very possible that 20 wins breaks down as 12-0, 8-10, 0-1. No matter who the wins/losses are against in the ACC, that is most likely a NIT resume.

I'll take that bet. If we have 22 wins, I'll take that was are IN. You believe we won't be.

Says the guy who refuses to make a stupid, no-stakes guess on how many wins we end up with, because he's afraid of it being laughed at 6 months from now.

It is very possible that 20 wins breaks down as 12-0, 8-10, 0-1. No matter who the wins/losses are against in the ACC, that is most likely a NIT resume.

Which is cool because Dave Odom is on the NIT Committee this year !

Says the guy who refuses to make a stupid, no-stakes guess on how many wins we end up with, because he's afraid of it being laughed at 6 months from now.

I've picking numbers for Wake bball wins on the internet since you were in kindergarten or so.

Sorry, that I'm using logic about two gaping holes on our team and wanting to see a little about practice. Nah, not sorry at all...but you are.

I've picking numbers for Wake bball wins on the internet since you were in kindergarten or so.

Sorry, that I'm using logic about two gaping holes on our team and wanting to see a little about practice. Nah, not sorry at all...but you are.

Yeah you could just make a guess like everyone else and then start another poll right before the season starts. You have the same information everyone else has.

Gun to my head I'm guessing that we get the scalps we need as part of our 22 wins and end up as a 10 seed.

Scalps?

chief-illiniwek-logo-from-illinois-edu.jpg

I see what you did there, but I don't think a win against Illinois (by itself) is enough to get us in.

Just pick a number. Christ. None of this matters.

why do you take everything so goddamn seriously

okay, RJ PMed me to let me know he picked 18 wins. I didn't realize RJ was so low on our team, but there it is.

How many power conference teams have ever been left out of the tournament with 22 wins?

We would probably need to get 4+ RPI Top 50 wins to avoid a similar fate. The good news is we'll have opportunities in conference play

10-2, 8-10, 1-1 = 19-13

Losing 2 bigs is going to hurt us in the ACC.

I hope I'm wrong.

So the prediction is we'd be the first ACC team to ever get left out of the tournament with 22 wins? Ok...

Back