• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

How millennials killed American cheese

“Millennials Kill X” is one of my favorite headlines. Usually X is something that’s always sucked that boomers loved and gen X tolerated like American cheese. Or it’s something wholly unnecessary like fabric softener. Or something that millennials are too poor to do because boomers ruined the economy and traditional pathways to prosperity.

PH: The Voice of Millennials

We need more X'ers and Boomers to understand how shitty they are.

Who knew so many middle-American (cheese) rubes posted on this board.

"It's good if it's from a deli and not Kraft" - not really, but either way, look at the rest of that deli case and pick a real cheese.

"It's good because it melts" - cheddar, pepper jack, mozzarella, and myriad other cheeses melt.

American Cheese is like ketchup. It has a few specific acceptable uses, but kids use it for everything.

Muenster makes the best grilled cheese.

I want to thank millennials for killing off American cheese. Now, will you kindly do the same for that crappy grated parmesan cheese?

"It's good if it's from a deli and not Kraft" - not really, but either way, look at the rest of that deli case and pick a real cheese.

"It's good because it melts" - cheddar, pepper jack, mozzarella, and myriad other cheeses melt.

No, because it doesn’t break down when heated, not just softened. Rube

No, because it doesn’t break down when heated, not just softened. Rube

Defends cheese he individually unwrapped. Calls someone else "rube."

Parmesan cheese enhances the taste of good pasta, makes the taste much more enjoyable.

True for Parmigiano-Reggiano. The crap parmesan that primarily comes in green cans is a poor substitute, just like American cheese is for quality cheese.

Fucking millennials. I blame them for the Babybel phenomenon. $6 for a a handful of tiny, wax-covered cheese rounds? GTFO.

True for Parmigiano-Reggiano. The crap parmesan that primarily comes in green cans is a poor substitute, just like American cheese is for quality cheese.

this is a great book

nytcover%20260w.jpg

basically shows that a lot of the stuff we think we're eating we're not. and it shows how for a lot of things (like cheese, olive oil, etc), other countries have much stricter laws regarding ensuring the real thing is what you're buying, but the US is quite lax on a lot of that. I blame the boomers in power -- they could do something but don't.

It's Kraft American cheese or GTFO. I love how millennial's can't find stable employment, don't understand how to make money, and want to vote for Bernie to subsidize their $200 a week fine cheese habit.

If your a poor millennial STFU and eat your american cheese, it might not be the cheese you want, but it is certainly the cheese you deserve.

this is a great book

nytcover%20260w.jpg

basically shows that a lot of the stuff we think we're eating we're not. and it shows how for a lot of things (like cheese, olive oil, etc), other countries have much stricter laws regarding ensuring the real thing is what you're buying, but the US is quite lax on a lot of that. I blame the boomers in power -- they could do something but don't.

Yep. And they get mad at Millennials for wanting to know where their food comes from.

this is a great book

nytcover%20260w.jpg

Go eat some prepacked gas station food in Switzerland, man. It'll blow your fucking mind.

Am I the only one that just says fuck it and throws feta on everything?

This thread is making me hungry. One of the best parts of the thanksgiving to Christmas run is getting to graze on snobby cheese plates at parties. And when I am hosting that means I get any leftovers so its an excuse to put out a nice stinky Stilton or something that mostly only I will eat.

Back