• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

How much does Duke suck? Less than us apparently...

Wolford's accuracy is way under rated by our fans. not easily replaced.

I agree. He under threw Washington, missed cam on 5 yard out on 3rd down. His misses kind of cost us against Duke. Not the only thing. But when he was off, offense wasn't clicking.

Hinton is just a gamer. Kid makes plays on the field. Buddy of mine who went to Bama, and watched about every Wake game after living here for so many years, really sees some similarities to him and Hurts. Interested to see what an offense made just for him behind our significantly improved OL looks like.

Ja’Sir starts over Mays IMO.

Hinton shouldn't need to run any more than Wolford now that the O-line has come together and we have some competent backs.

He shouldn't need to, but we will design him to run more. Did you see what happened when he came in the game? 7 straight QB runs, followed by a roll out, RPO i think, and he threw it into the ground. We would never call 7 straight runs for Wolford. And Wolford got dinged up too running. I think if you run your QB 10-15 times a game, an injury will happen.

Hinton is just a gamer. Kid makes plays on the field. Buddy of mine who went to Bama, and watched about every Wake game after living here for so many years, really sees some similarities to him and Hurts. Interested to see what an offense made just for him behind our significantly improved OL looks like.

Ja’Sir starts over Mays IMO.

Hinton brings some attitude. I love and hate that he kind of looks for contact if he can't shake the defender. Can't shake this guy, shoulder down or throws hard stiff arm. LOVE it, but I think he needs to chill a bit if he wants to be healthy 12 games.

I think next years offense will be as productive as this years, but in a different way. As opposed to being pass heavy, I bet it will be more 50/50. When they do pass I bet we see less quick throws and more of Hinton buying time with his feet before taking a deep shot.

On defense I wouldn't be surprised if they try something similar to the year they put KJ and Noel on Islands and blitzed a lot. I thought I heard Sawvel liked to blitz and with an experienced and talented secondary, put it on them to lock it down until the blitz gets there.

I think next years offense will be as productive as this years, but in a different way. As opposed to being pass heavy, I bet it will be more 50/50. When they do pass I bet we see less quick throws and more of Hinton buying time with his feet before taking a deep shot.

On defense I wouldn't be surprised if they try something similar to the year they put KJ and Noel on Islands and blitzed a lot. I thought I heard Sawvel liked to blitz and with an experienced and talented secondary, put it on them to lock it down until the blitz gets there.

The problem is we don't have a second corner right now. Henderson gets beat a lot. Bassey certainly has that potential, but will need Henderson to get a lot better or Ja'Sir to be good for that to work.

No mention of Beal at RB?

No mention of Beal at RB?

So rotate 4 guys at RB? Colburn had 2-3 monster games. Carney is a sledge hammer. Byrd has looked quite impressive in stretches and has a burst the other two don’t. Who loses carries?

If he's fast enough to rotate with Dortch and Hines, he should be at RB. We have a committee because we don't have a definite top tier guy. If Beal can grow into that, we need him.

How cool would it be to use Carney as an H-back type player sometimes?

Very cool. I hope Clawson and Ruggerio consider it. We could do lots of damage between having Hines and Carney rotating at that 5th spot with Freudenthal.

Next years team has the personnel to run the option in a way that Paul Johnson would be jealous. They wouldn’t, but they could.

How cool would it be to use Carney as an H-back type player sometimes?

Did this with Kevin Harris in 08/09 with some level of success (as much as possible under Lobo). Harris was 2-3 inches taller, though, and I'm not sure if you want a 5'11" guy acting in a TE/HB role. It would be even more awesome if he could turn into a stud LB for us.

Back