• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

How poor were you in college?

Most of the time I would work enough in the summer where I would have enough money to get me through the year. I had a job at the library freshmen year that was terrible, it was working stacks from 12-4 on saturday, it was the only thing they had available (and I wasn't work study cause my deadbeat dad is rich but never gives me shit). Senior year I tutored some kids (elementary school and high school) in math and that was awesome cause I got paid like 30 bucks an hour. So I worked 3 hours a week and would get paid in straight cash. Honestly, for any current students that need money this is a pretty awesome job if you can put up with stupid kids. There was a big book in the career center of people in the W-S area that need tutors for stuff and I imagine now you could easily charge 40-50 bucks an hour.

had work study jobs. camera/tv equipment checkout in the basement of Carswell frosh and soph year. ITC in the library junior and senior year

I worked at the library, cushiest student job ever.

Turning 21 the fall of my sophomore year was a HUGE money maker for me.

I used to go to 3 different ABC stores and literally fill my truck up with alcohol, which I then sold to stupid freshman with a decent mark up.

I basically drank for free all sophomore year.

just out of curiosity how many people actually had a job while they were at Wake? this thread is making me feel like i was the only one

I had a few. I qualified for work study one semester but that barely paid anything. I worked for a catering company at Benton Convention Center for about a year. Nasty stuff but good pay. Over the summers I worked for the government at home or did research at Wake. Senior year I got a job doing developmental therapy with children on the Autism spectrum.

I had two jobs most of my time at Wake

Wall Street

Does Darren, the guy that ran Davis for a couple of years, post on here? If so I want to neg rep you.

OMG same

Darren, if you are on here, do not out yourself - I will cyber bully the shit out of you.

so much pos rep

I did have this poster in my dorm room (i actually bought it twice because it ripped the first time)

lgpp31308+street-fighter-anime-characters-street-fighter-poster.jpg

Back