• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

How the Baby Boomers Destroyed Everything

only those (read millennials) who have done nothing for themselves think that...TYPICAL...Milhouse and Louis blame everyone but themselves. We're talking about voting here. Millennials, Gen X and Gen Y absolutely abdicated their responsibility. Even if the millennials voted at 53%, the outcome of the most important election of their lifetime would have changed. What's classic is them blaming everyone else for them not participating in the most important of their lives. It's going to take many years to recover from what Trump. Some things won't be able to be fixed.

Millennials KNEW what the outcome would be if they let Trump get elected. But they did and are now COMPLICICT When boomers knew something was wrong we took the streets and campuses to change it. We took to the street in the 60s for civil rights. We took to the streets to end the war in Viet Nam. We took to the streets and changed the social construct of this country. Millions of us risked jail, being beaten and even killed to stand up for what we believed in. You guys might tweet a couple of times and put something on Facebook. We took chances and created businesses. Look at the articles RJ has posted and hundreds of others. Millennials don't do that. They want others to do it for them. Millennials, Gen X and Gen Y cry about no jobs. Boomers and the people before us started our businesses. If you guys actually paid attention to many of RJ's posts rather than having Pavlovian responses, you'd see his #1 gripe is your generations doesn't take enough chances. Who cares if you fail once or twice or five times? Each time you should learn more.

But you guys have to swing from your constantly defensive positions.

Last edited:
I was a very early Gen X (a few years after the end of the boomer generation) kid of a GG set of parents.

The stuff we did as kids back then at our house would result in parents in this day and age ending up in jail.

It was a different time growing up in the 70s and 80s. Much more lassiz faire.

You grew up in the best time in modern history. Treasure that.

You grew up in the best time in modern history. Treasure that.

I grew up in this time period too, but my parents were early Baby Boomers. It was great except for:

nwy0yy7ea2r1heqrszrs.jpg

Quoting the guy who prominent in promoting the immoral Iraq War is a very good idea.

And you blame everyone for your generation staying home and not voting.

Hell, you guys blame everyone for everything...well, everyone but yourselves...

Any idea which polling crosstabs he’s talking about?

No idea but I assume they all pretty much say the same thing.

White males, 55+:

-Trump? Very favorable.
-Putin? Very favorable.
-Baby internment camps? Strongly support.
-Deporting immigrants who served in the US military? Support.
-Corruption? If my side is doing it...strongly support.
-Pissing all over the constitution? If my side is doing it...strongly support.
-Tariffs? If my side is enacting them..strongly support.
-Obstructing Justice? Strongly support.
-Law enforcement and intelligence agencies? Deep state!
-USA or Russia? Russia.
-Do you just do and say whatever Trump tells you to? Yes.

No idea but I assume they all pretty much say the same thing.

White males, 55+:

-Trump? Very favorable.
-Putin? Very favorable.
-Baby internment camps? Strongly support.
-Deporting immigrants who served in the US military? Support.
-Corruption? If my side is doing it...strongly support.
-Pissing all over the constitution? If my side is doing it...strongly support.
-Tariffs? If my side is enacting them..strongly support.
-Obstructing Justice? Strongly support.
-Law enforcement and intelligence agencies? Deep state!
-USA or Russia? Russia.
-Do you just do and say whatever Trump tells you to? Yes.

Do you have a source for that or is it just your age bias?

Yeah. I was just curious which one led him to this revelation that old white guys are hurting this country. It’s kind of a big deal for an OWG neo-con to realize that.

Do you have a source for that or is it just your age bias?

Friends and family, Fox News, the Wall Street Journal editorial board, BKF and these two clowns...

Last edited:
Back