• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

How the Baby Boomers Destroyed Everything

My generation turned out in greater numbers than yours did in 1980 and just as importantly they voted for the right candidate.

Not only did you give us Trump, you have us Reagan as well. Thanks!

https://ropercenter.cornell.edu/polls/us-elections/how-groups-voted/how-groups-voted-1980/

In 1980, Boomer 18-29 yos- voted for Carter...and were 23% of the vote

https://ropercenter.cornell.edu/polls/us-elections/how-groups-voted/groups-voted-2016/

In 2016, only 19% of 18-29 yos voted -Your laziness gave us Trump.

Last edited:
classic, the generation that enthusiastically chose trump one again denies its responsibility.

That's right...it's NEVER your fault for anything..."90% of life is showing up" - You didn't show up and it's not your fault for not showing up.

If that's not perfect millennial logic, I don't know what is.

My friend was CFO of Wynn's warranty division. I was consulting for him when he called me into his office to tell me about two of employees whose parents had called to ask why their kid hadn't been promoted or gotten a bigger bonus.

After we stopped laughing, I came up with a plan. At lunch, we stopped at the 99cent Store and picked up a package of diapers. He called each millennial in and handed them a diaper (he put in a bag so other employees wouldn't see them). They each asked him why. He told them about the calls from their MOMMIES.

Apparently they got it. HR didn't get any other calls.

The story is TRUE. Sorry ITC and and CANTAMOUNTOANYTHING if your millenial lives are so boring or so uptight.

Wynn's was later sold to big Dookie donor Steve Brooks.

FUCKED THE WORLD? You mean the only generation to ever have a balanced federal budget?

The generation that gave the world the greatest music ever? The PC? The internet?

What has Gen-X and after created besides Facebook and Twitter? Which are the internet's version of writing on bathroom walls.

That's right...it's NEVER your fault for anything..."90% of life is showing up" - You didn't show up and it's not your fault for not showing up.

only you would argue that someone choosing is less responsible than someone not-choosing

Ah yes, another "millennials are lazy" trope. "You millennials were so lazy that we all HAD to vote for Trump."

If Boomers are so goddamned hard-working, then why do they throw a bitch fit every time someone suggests the possibility of somewhat discussing an idea tangentially correlated to raising the retirement/Social Security age threshold?

Man, just when you thought RJ couldn't possibly be more committed to a more idiotic argument than whatever he was arguing on the baseball thread, BAM !!!, this pops up.

Boomers reaped every benefit of a post-war, New Deal welfare state economy then spent the better part of half a century making sure no one else would ever get that same privilege.

When my great nephew was four he was tremedously excited before his first huge T-ball game. Believe me, I talked that night and he was bummed. I asked him why. "No one wins. I can count. I know the score."

When he was six, he got a trophy for finishing fourth in a soccer league and didn't want it. TERRIFIC attitude!

My friend was CFO of Wynn's warranty division. I was consulting for him when he called me into his office to tell me about two of employees whose parents had called to ask why their kid hadn't been promoted or gotten a bigger bonus.

After we stopped laughing, I came up with a plan. At lunch, we stopped at the 99cent Store and picked up a package of diapers. He called each millennial in and handed them a diaper (he put in a bag so other employees wouldn't see them). They each asked him why. He told them about the calls from their MOMMIES.

The story is TRUE. Sorry ITC and and CANTAMOUNTOANYTHING if your millenial lives are so boring or so uptight.

Ohhhhhh i like that, RJ is not funny enough to include something like that in the original post, good work.

Ah yes, another "millennials are lazy" trope. "You millennials were so lazy that we all HAD to vote for Trump."

If Boomers are so goddamned hard-working, then why do they throw a bitch fit every time someone suggests the possibility of somewhat discussing an idea tangentially correlated to raising the retirement/Social Security age threshold?

I have posted many times that age should be added on an incremental basis. Don't lump me in with that group.

But the truth is millennials didn't show up to vote. You can't get around that fact.

As a proud millennial (X-ennial really)...I more or less support this. No self respecting adult should ever have a parent intervene in professional affairs. Give them advice...sure. But directly calling the company about a raise or a bonus. That’s ridiculous.

I have posted many times that age should be added on an incremental basis. Don't lump me in with that group.

But the truth is millennials didn't show up to vote. You can't get around that fact.

And Boomers voted for Trump. And though I want to make perfectly clear that I outright reject your false equivalency at its beginnings, let it also be made clear that even if I did allow you to argue it, a non-vote ≠ vote for Trump.

I also fully support laying part of the blame for Trump on my generation’s doorstep.

Sure conservative boomers created a path for Trump, wrote the roadmap and then built the car. But Millennials had an emergency break and we never used it...because we figured someone else would pull it.

That’s on us. Next time educate yourself and vote.

Back