• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

How the Baby Boomers Destroyed Everything

This is incorrect. 18-29 year olds made up 19% of all voters, despite accounting for ~21.5% of the voting age population.

In 1980, 18-29 year olds made up 23% of all voters, despite accounting for ~30% of the voting age population.

Another way to look at it:

Of all votes cast in 1980, only 10.2% of them were 18-29 year olds voting for Jimmy Carter.

Of all votes cast in 2016, 10.45% of them were 18-29 year olds voting for Hillary Clinton.

Thanks for clarifying this - I did laugh at the use of "only" in reference to 10.2% but no modifier for 10.45% in 2016.

because clarifying math to rj is such a rewarding task

I'd put the over/under at 23 for the number of millennial posters who have pre-ordered their own test tube vagina for personal use.

So...about these tube vaginas for personal use. Sounds horrible. Where do you get one? You know, so I can avoid that place.

Help me out here, what years was the Democrat Generation? http://www.timepage.org/time.html

Interesting to note that according to this link, millennials are on the same part of the cycle as the Founding Fathers. Boomers and Gen X'ers, step aside whilst we usher in a revolution of society.

Boomers, you are the British in this scenario.

I also fully support laying part of the blame for Trump on my generation’s doorstep.

Sure conservative boomers created a path for Trump, wrote the roadmap and then built the car. But Millennials had an emergency break and we never used it...because we figured someone else would pull it.

That’s on us. Next time educate yourself and vote.

Compared to their overall share of the voting population, 18-29 year old turnout was the best it’s been since 1976. It was also their best showing for a Democrat in the last 40 years not named Obama.

If you want to blame Millennials for something in 2016, blame us for voting third party at a higher rate than in 08 or 12. On the other hand, it was Baby Boomer Democrats that insisted on running Hillary Clinton.

Interesting to note that according to this link, millennials are on the same part of the cycle as the Founding Fathers. Boomers and Gen X'ers, step aside whilst we usher in a revolution of society.

Boomers, you are the British in this scenario.

Southerners and Midwesterners are the main reason Trump is POTUS.

Damn it, we’re all fucking responsible for this shit.

161.jpg

This thread is like watching two flies fuck.

The fact we've gotten 18 months out of arguing whether it was 20 year olds or 60 year olds who elected Trump is fascinating.

Its one of the most pointless arguments in a board filled with pointless arguments.

The millennial generation are a bunch of whining pussies who complain that they are in debt and aren’t valued because they dropped 200,000 on an English degree that doesn’t mean you have to be an in debt pussy.

I think this is where I (a millennial) point out that the aforementioned English degree didn't cost $200,000 for Boomers.

I'd just like to point out, as I do to my students, that English majors, on average, surpass the salaries of petroleum engineering majors (the highest immediate earners at my institution) in a decade after graduation. Nbd.

probably also surpass them at getting punched in the face #betterphan'd

You guys need to be careful crapping on RJ. He might just take his ball and go home and start voting MAGA Trump like bkf.

You guys need to be careful crapping on RJ. He might just take his ball and go home and start voting MAGA Trump like bkf.

Nah. Bkf lived in a small-town shithole in rural NC and pretty obviously hated his life; it was only a matter of time.

Huntington Beach seems like a great place to live and for all his absurdity on here, RJ clearly loves his life and is a good dude according to those on here that know him. He also didn’t murder his father in law (as far as we know).

Back