• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

How the Baby Boomers Destroyed Everything

As a proud millennial (X-ennial really)...I more or less support this. No self respecting adult should ever have a parent intervene in professional affairs. Give them advice...sure. But directly calling the company about a raise or a bonus. That’s ridiculous.

I always thought you were an old, interesting.

I also fully support laying part of the blame for Trump on my generation’s doorstep.

Sure conservative boomers created a path for Trump, wrote the roadmap and then built the car. But Millennials had an emergency break and we never used it...because we figured someone else would pull it.

That’s on us. Next time educate yourself and vote.

Wait a minute...are you saying that both generations are responsible? Whoa.

I also fully support laying part of the blame for Trump on my generation’s doorstep.

Sure conservative boomers created a path for Trump, wrote the roadmap and then built the car. But Millennials had an emergency break and we never used it...because we figured someone else would pull it.

That’s on us. Next time educate yourself and vote.

I 100% agree with this. I voted, but I'm an exception as it pertains to millennials at large, not the rule. That must change in order to improve America and the world.

But when Boomers like RJ try to say that the world is worse off now entirely because of millennials, they can get the fuck out of here with that bullshit. That's all I'm saying.

Wait a minute...are you saying that both generations are responsible? Whoa.

I know...it’s a shocking thought given how much our current political leaders like to play the victim card, blame
others and abdicate all responsibility for their own actions.

I like how defensive people get about their generation like it’s some personal reflection on them. RJ your generation fucking sucks, they gave us Trump, fucked the economy the environment etc... that doesn’t mean you have to suck. The millennial generation are a bunch of whining pussies who complain that they are in debt and aren’t valued because they dropped 200,000 on an English degree that doesn’t mean you have to be an in debt pussy. Who the fuck cares what your generations stereotype that’s probably true is.

I 100% agree with this. I voted, but I'm an exception as it pertains to millennials at large, not the rule. That must change in order to improve America and the world.

But when Boomers like RJ try to say that the world is worse off now entirely because of millennials, they can get the fuck out of here with that bullshit. That's all I'm saying.

Bingo

As a Gen Xer I'll settle this argument by saying, whatever generation created the fucking stupid institution of the Electoral College to appease slave states in the late 1700s are really the ones to blame here. Most of them were probably from the "Republican Generation," which is a bit coincidental.

I like how defensive people get about their generation like it’s some personal reflection on them. RJ your generation fucking sucks, they gave us Trump, fucked the economy the environment etc... that doesn’t mean you have to suck. The millennial generation are a bunch of whining pussies who complain that they are in debt and aren’t valued because they dropped 200,000 on an English degree that doesn’t mean you have to be an in debt pussy. Who the fuck cares what your generations stereotype that’s probably true is.

I think this is where I (a millennial) point out that the aforementioned English degree didn't cost $200,000 for Boomers. And that Boomers didn't have to go straight from degree to unpaid internship, therefore requiring a part-time job on the side to pay back the debt, all in the name of "experience"

It's actually a subset of boomers that really suck - Boomers in the South and farm land Midwest. Boomers in CA, NY, OR, WA and other places are not the same as southern boomers.

I feel like most of the hate surrounding Millennial's is really rooted in the fact that Boomers in general suck as parents. Who do you think are the ones handing out the participation trophies, and calling employers asking about raises, or letting their kids live with them until their 28?

I feel like most of the hate surrounding Millennial's is really rooted in the fact that Boomers in general suck as parents. Who do you think are the ones handing out the participation trophies, and calling employers asking about raises, or letting their kids live with them until their 28?

MAKES YOU WONDER

It's actually a subset of boomers that really suck - Boomers in the South and farm land Midwest. Boomers in CA, NY, OR, WA and other places are not the same as southern boomers.

#notallboomers

As a Gen Xer I'll settle this argument by saying, whatever generation created the fucking stupid institution of the Electoral College to appease slave states in the late 1700s are really the ones to blame here. Most of them were probably from the "Republican Generation," which is a bit coincidental.

As a fellow Gen Xer, I say we all agree that Boomers and Millenials suck though.

https://ropercenter.cornell.edu/polls/us-elections/how-groups-voted/how-groups-voted-1980/

In 1980, Boomer 18-29 yos- voted for Carter...and were 23% of the vote

https://ropercenter.cornell.edu/polls/us-elections/how-groups-voted/groups-voted-2016/

In 2016, only 19% of 18-29 yos voted -Your laziness gave us Trump.

This is incorrect. 18-29 year olds made up 19% of all voters, despite accounting for ~21.5% of the voting age population.

In 1980, 18-29 year olds made up 23% of all voters, despite accounting for ~30% of the voting age population.

Another way to look at it:

Of all votes cast in 1980, only 10.2% of them were 18-29 year olds voting for Jimmy Carter.

Of all votes cast in 2016, 10.45% of them were 18-29 year olds voting for Hillary Clinton.

You suck more than anyone.

Back