• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

How Was Your 2016?

Up and down year in our house.

- left my first practice out of residency. Loved the staff. Loved the hours. Loved the pay. Hated the guy in charge
- moved to boone. Lived with my wife and two year old in a small apartment while we built a home in Blowing Rock
- didn't fully appreciate the stress of apartment living and joining a new practice in a new area until it was over
- really enjoy living in the High Country. This area has a lot of interesting people. Glad to be closer to Winston..get to see LK more often and will make some sporting events at some point.
- somehow managed the time for another child. My second daughter is due in April which is super exciting
- lost my last grandparent. She was nearly 90 so not a huge surprise but sad none the less.

Overall a busy but wonderful year. Being a physician and seeing the pain and struggles of others makes me grateful to be alive and healthy. It's just that simple sometimes
Congrats man, Matt told me y'all were expecting another but I didn't know it was another girl. I also don't think I knew you moved to Blowing Rock.

Congrats man, Matt told me y'all were expecting another but I didn't know it was another girl. I also don't think I knew you moved to Blowing Rock.

Thanks!
We moved into the new house just before Thanksgiving..let us know if you guys ever get up this way. We can hear Tweetsie from our house 👍

I got a hot chick's digits last night. So that's another plus for 2016. Of course it was bmoney's wife, so I may not see any returns.

She was looking strong to quite strong last night.

Overall, not bad. Lost a ton of $$ betting on Clinton not cause I like or wanted her to win, just thought no way she would lose. C'est la vie. Turned 65 and still in good health. Convinced the honey to move, sold our home in NJ in 3 days and looking forward to moving to Aiken in Jan '17. Kids doing well, got in 104 rounds of golf, shooting for 150 in '17. Played Pebble in July.

No complaints here; I am one fortunate SOB.

Overall, not bad. Lost a ton of $$ betting on Clinton not cause I like or wanted her to win, just thought no way she would lose. C'est la vie. Turned 65 and still in good health. Convinced the honey to move, sold our home in NJ in 3 days and looking forward to moving to Aiken in Jan '17. Kids doing well, got in 104 rounds of golf, shooting for 150 in '17. Played Pebble in July.

No complaints here; I am one fortunate SOB.

Like you wagered in a sports book on Clinton or you donated to her campaign?

Good year - jobs are going fine, we made a second daughter due Feb 2017 and moved to a great new house after looking for a long time. Ran a lot in the first part of the year as well (a lot for me anyway), need to pick that back up in 2017.

Good year - jobs are going fine, we made a second daughter due Feb 2017 and moved to a great new house after looking for a long time. Ran a lot in the first part of the year as well (a lot for me anyway), need to pick that back up in 2017.

Your first daughter is really beautiful too, so good job on that.

Thanks! Yeah she's a solid kid too, no complaints there

She definitely puts out. Bigly.

Do people really think Trump was saying "bigly"? He was saying "big league" and still does all the time. I'm sure you know, and are just doing it to be silly. But I do see it enough to wonder if some people really actually think he said/says "bigly".

Hit the big 60.
My wife and I celebrated our 35th anniversary.
What my partners and I had expected to be a growth business that we could sell became more of a life style business.

P shitty. Got laid right about midnight on New Year's and it was all downhill after that pretty much. A few diversions, but don't think I strung more than a few good days together in a row all year; not feeling particularly optimistic about '17, but we'll see. 17 sounds like a good number, although it's considered unlucky in Italy so Biff may be screwed.

I also gained way too much weight this year. Had been doing so good.

P shitty. Got laid right about midnight on New Year's and it was all downhill after that pretty much. A few diversions, but don't think I strung more than a few good days together in a row all year; not feeling particularly optimistic about '17, but we'll see. 17 sounds like a good number, although it's considered unlucky in Italy so Biff may be screwed.

I'm probably North America bound for 2017, so no big deal.

Pretty solid. Got a promotion at work. Saw the Rolling Stones, Guns n Roses and The Cure all play live. Daughter had a good year in school academically as well as athletically. Wife continued to love me for another year. Father-in-law literally told grim reaper to his face to fuck off. Ending the year by going to see the Deacs play in a bowl game. I'm a content man.

Dope bachelor party. Got married. Wife moved to Atlanta. Wife got a job. I got a raise. Pretty great personally but pretty disappointed in the world.

Great thread idea. . . . allowed me to sell the house in Raleigh and move my home base to my house in Linville, NC in the mountains. I sold/donated/gave away about 90% of my stuff and don't miss any of it. Ended the year with no debt and a job that I can work remotely about 20-30 hours a week and make all the money I need/want. I fished more, hiked more and traveled more and learned how to slow the fuck down.

Ha, that's my plan, too, but I have a few more years to go before fully implemented. Our place is in Jonas Ridge. Well done on your end.

Excellent year here, mostly watching my teen daughters growing up and doing cool things. Teaching one to drive - that's an experience. Oldest (16) is on the ski team so that keeps us running around and youngest (just turned 14) is a complete badass in whitewater kayaking so some good trips with her, too. Highlight was watching her run the Upper Gauley in her size extra small play boat. Mixed in with some excellent fly fishing trips at the coast, mountains and up north. A couple nice toys. Health, many great friends and a beautiful wife with low standards. So middle age is pretty sweet, actually. Wishing all a great 2017.

Back