• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Howard Stern show

do you not have an iPod or something you can plug in?

Of course. I like listening to Stern the most, followed by Music. The Morning Zoo stuff actually makes me laugh because in some way, they have MILLIONS of listeners. I constantly ask "Why is that so funny or interesting?" I think nothing is more lame then when they interview a celebrity and it's all about their 'feelings' on a movie they just acted in.... wgaf. "So, tell me about your role? did you find it difficult to transform into the character?" Or, Tonight is the Grammys, we have wall to wall coverage!!!!

actually if you have Stern, doesn't that mean you have Sirius, therefore tons of music options?

I read a study recently that said the strength of a person's like of GnR is inversely proportional to their IQ. I will post it if I can find it.

I have plenty of options in my car. Stern, the 4-5 Sirius stations that I flip through (Ozzy's Boneyard, Hair Nation, Lithium, whatever that 80s alternative one is, and the yacht rock one), plus my iTunes and the 100s of CDs I burnt to my car's hard drive. I still flip over to Stern for the replay and keep it there if they are doing something interesting. Howard is great, but this board is full of hypersensitive NPR types so I'm not surprised they'd find him to be beneath them.

howard stern is nearly universally lauded as one of the greatest interviewers of all time. they really are, usually, fantastic. so much more interesting than anything else on the radio. if someone doesn't like some of the other bits or antics i can understand that's not for you.

if you have never listened to his interviews and you have the sirius app look up his channel and there are one or two hundred interviews you can listen to (stream or download) with all sorts of celebrities A list as well and you can avoid most of the other stuff you may not want to hear.

why do i get the feeling that townie likes yoko ono's groundbreaking music?

I like the guy that screams BO BOOOOOOOOO EEEY right after the golfers hit their drives!!!! Good one Howard, hilarious!!!!

howard stern is nearly universally lauded as one of the greatest interviewers of all time. they really are, usually, fantastic. so much more interesting than anything else on the radio. if someone doesn't like some of the other bits or antics i can understand that's not for you.

if you have never listened to his interviews and you have the sirius app look up his channel and there are one or two hundred interviews you can listen to (stream or download) with all sorts of celebrities A list as well and you can avoid most of the other stuff you may not want to hear.

why do i get the feeling that townie likes yoko ono's groundbreaking music?

Terri Gross is better.

I read a study recently that said the strength of a person's like of GnR is inversely proportional to their IQ. I will post it if I can find it.

still looking for that link?

howard has great interviews when they are serious. the dude does he research, and he really gets these people to open up. he is also really interested in stuff that i like (SNL, music business, late night talk shows, stand up comedy) and gets a lot of people from those genres. Also, beetlejuice, eric the actor, bigfoot, and high pitched erik are awesome.

The dolphin interview was creepy but funny. I liked how the guy kept correcting Howard as far as terminology.

"So you banged the dolphin."
"I made love to a dolphin, Howard."

Back