• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

HP's UNC-Cheat Thread - UNC comes out on top, NCAA penalized by UNC

McCants said he was headed toward ineligibility during the championship season because he had failed algebra and psychology, which accounted for half of his credits, in the fall of 2004. He had two A's in AFAM classes in addition to the F's. He said coach Roy Williams informed him of his academic troubles during a meeting ahead of the spring semester.

"There was a slight panic on my part ... [he] said, you know, we're going to be able to figure out how to make it happen, but you need to buckle down on your academics."

He said Williams told him "we're going to be able to change a class from, you know, your summer session class and swap it out with the class that you failed, just so the GPA could reflect that you are in good standing."

McCants ended up in four AFAM classes in the following semester, earning straight A's. He said he didn't know what Williams was getting at with the summer school class replacement reference, and he never talked with Williams about it again. The transcripts show he had received one A in an AFAM class in the summer of 2004.

"I remained eligible to finish out and win the championship, his first championship, and everything was peaches and cream," McCants said.

You have to be kidding me. How in the world are they getting away with this? That title (and probably Roy's other one) should be ripped down and they should face major sanctions.

McCants UNC Dagger

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_...ll-star-rashad-mccants-says-took-sham-classes

"Rashad McCants, the second-leading scorer on the North Carolina basketball team that won the 2004-05 national title, told ESPN's "Outside the Lines" that tutors wrote his term papers, he rarely went to class for about half his time at UNC, and he remained able to play largely because he took bogus classes designed to keep athletes academically eligible."

06-29-13-haas-reax-to-11.gif

You have to be kidding me. How in the world are they getting away with this? That title (and probably Roy's other one) should be ripped down and they should face major sanctions.

The NCAA has its collective head in the sand, looking for violations at Chadron State or Wisconsin- River Falls. UNC? Not important enough.

The NCAA has its collective head in the sand, looking for violations at Chadron State or Wisconsin- River Falls. UNC? Not important enough.

Look no further than them dropping the hammer on the inconsequential basketball program of App State just a few hours to the west.

dislike that 4 corners using efftard but won't joke about dementia. it is just turrible.

Terry Holland had a dog named Dean Smith. he must have been a huge fan himself.

Because it was a "bitch" and it whined a lot he used to say. No joke.

Dean probably holds the record for most speeding tickets along Route 29. I think the Va State troopers used to watch for him when they were playing in Cville. I understand he used to drive separate from the team so he could smoke.

BTW: Good job, Rashad. I hope Roy goes down. I'm not sure I've ever seen someone act so sanctimonious and holier than thou, when you can just tell he is a "win at any cost" cheating bastard.

Another basketball prong yet Roy has the NCAA on speed dial to report all these other programs over the years.

BTW: Good job, Rashad. I hope Roy goes down. I'm not sure I've ever seen someone act so sanctimonious and holier than thou, when you can just tell he is a "win at any cost" cheating bastard.

This. Removing Rashad McCants from my least favorite UNC-CH players list.

Should we feel bad for Reshart Mypants? He wont have an education to fall back on once his career in the Brazilian Basketball League is over.

The comments from the story are hilarious.

"Stop snitchin!"
"Sounds like a broke snitch that needs some bread lol"
"Why do people decide they want to bust the system only after they fail in the pros"
"Drag queen it was all good when you was at UNC sellout"
"Would he be saying this if he wasn't a flop in the NBA? I don't think so! He's just looking for attention that his game can't provide.."
"Why do you have to snitch on the school after you got yours. You wasn't complaining when you were getting the perks why ruin it for the ppl comin after you. I hate when they do that. The school helped you for helping them fair exchange. Keep your mouth shut"
"He probably is broke and charged for an interview. Snitch. Take the perks and complain later."
"i consider myself pretty knowledgeable about college basketball and never heard of this guy. broke ass bench warmer"

HeelsHouse0824 said:
Posted: Today 9:50 AM
Re: Rashad McCants
Can't believe any UNC fan would believe this garbage. It might be more believable if he didn't indict ROy, but as Carolina fans we all know that Roy at least has integrity. He would never knowingly allow something like this.
(quote from Inside Carolina)

I fucking hate Carolina.

Back