• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

HP's UNC-Cheat Thread - UNC comes out on top, NCAA penalized by UNC

I am confused on this announcing penalties thing. So the NCAA announced that they were going to release their report and penalties. Then UNC comes out and says there will be no release due to "scheduling conflicts", and we haven't heard anything since. Does that mean that the NCAA has given their report and penalties to UNC, and UNC just hasn't made them public? It seems like we would have heard leaks if that was the case. Or did UNC get the NCAA to just push back everything? That seems odd, as I've never heard of a guilty party getting to dictate terms to the enforcing party. It seems like they would have at least said "OK, we will push back the date until X". It just seems weird that there has been no update or news since UNC said that the release/announcement was not happening last Friday.

Edit: I guess I started the post about 2 minutes too soo, now that I see the Tweet above. Friday the 13th - I like it!!

And you still haven't.

UNC is innocent. This is a witch hunt. I expect the announcement to be a sworn apology for the horrendous officiating in the 2016 National Championship Game and raising a replacement banner. You guys only have about 23 more hours before UNC is crowned two-time defending NCAA Champions.

unc-ch-ch-ch-ah-ah-ah.jpg

And you still haven't.

UNC is innocent. This is a witch hunt. I expect the announcement to be a sworn apology for the horrendous officiating in the 2016 National Championship Game and raising a replacement banner. You guys only have about 23 more hours before UNC is crowned two-time defending NCAA Champions.

Big if true.

Dave Glenn just announced that UNC does not know what will be announced tomorrow.

And you still haven't.

18 years of cheating. UNC Honor Code non existent. Everybody laughs. You can hang all the banners you want to. Asterisk forever. It's an academic cheating scandal you say. Not athletic. Where were the hundreds of Honor Code trials for serial plagerism, grade changes, no syllabus, clerks grading papers, lying, cheating, stealing of educational opportunities. University with no honor. It will never be over.

And you still haven't.

The only way UNC can stop being immoral cheaters and learn right from wrong is to get themselves into a 2 parent household.

18 years of cheating. UNC Honor Code non existent. Everybody laughs. You can hang all the banners you want to. Asterisk forever. It's an academic cheating scandal you say. Not athletic. Where were the hundreds of Honor Code trials for serial plagerism, grade changes, no syllabus, clerks grading papers, lying, cheating, stealing of educational opportunities. University with no honor. It will never be over.

University with
No honor at
Cheater Hill

"Penalty" should be in quotation marks until proven otherwise. I'm not getting my hopes up.

Pretty sure Lyin' Roy and the hoops program skates. No appeal because it's all they care about.

Dave Glenn just announced that UNC does not know what will be announced tomorrow.

Was he getting louder and squeakier with every word? Did he pull the "for you ABC'ers, I'm a lawyer and you're not" card?
Man, that guy is annoying.

I guess now we're using the same definition of "indefinitely" that Coach K does.

i'm thinking

options

1 - basketball skates. football serves nominal punishment - lose a few schollies maybe. other teams take the brunt.

2 - unc keeps the delay tactics for another 1 -2 years until roy retires. at that point the cloud has hurt recruiting enough that they have difficulty competing in ncaa's and its not worth him staying. then they get a "severe" but not death penalty served over 2 - 3 years. ncaa pats itself on the back. everyone else sighs knowingly but more attention was on the fbi operations. at this point they bring in a big name coach to start fresh and the "carolina way" comes back out.

3 - won't even bother. not going to happen.

Yeah bold prediction that basketball and football get nominally "punished" that won't really affect much, even though this is arguably the most far reaching scandal ever uncovered. Maybe football gets it harder but basketball skates. The walmarters will rejoice.

Back