• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

HS girl challenges Bachmann to debate about Constitution

A "test" on the Constitution sounds good but I have my doubts. Sure, you could ask questions such as How old do you have to be to be president."

But what if you asked them about the "power to declare war" or the extent of the Commerce Clause?"

A "test" on the Constitution sounds good but I have my doubts. Sure, you could ask questions such as How old do you have to be to be president."

But what if you asked them about the "power to declare war" or the extent of the Commerce Clause?"

I thought I told you to go away, troll!

She posted her letter to the congresswoman on facebook?

It didn't have to be her. one of friends could. You are so far to the right and so intent on making tihs a conspiracy that you could get a job as contortionist with Ringling Bros.

So far to the right? What the heck are you talking about? I dont think there's some insidious conspiracy here. I think Bachmann is a complete idiot. I just think that if a high school girl writes a letter to a congresswoman challenging her to an IQ test...it doesnt become national news, but for something else happening behind the scenes. That's all. You turned this into some huge partisan politics pissing match out of nothing.

I am not trying to inflame anyone's emotions, and I don't live under a bridge.

I don't think the girl was trying to make it out to be a partisan issue. Of course, the adults couldn't wait to do it.

I am not trying to inflame anyone's emotions, and I don't live under a bridge.

I don't think the girl was trying to make it out to be a partisan issue. Of course, the adults couldn't wait to do it.

Sorry -- right troll, wrong thread.

So far to the right? What the heck are you talking about? I dont think there's some insidious conspiracy here. I think Bachmann is a complete idiot. I just think that if a high school girl writes a letter to a congresswoman challenging her to an IQ test...it doesnt become national news, but for something else happening behind the scenes. That's all. You turned this into some huge partisan politics pissing match out of nothing.

If you don't think there's a conspiracy why bring it up twice?

As to be RW, there's nothing with doing that and each of the posts you have made here that I've seen has been RW.

"Les Grossman
A.W. Hamilton

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would love to know the person pulling the strings behind that letter

You'e right LK, Les didn't say it twice...OOOPS yes he did...

What's typcial here is your BS and being totally wrong.

Yeah, like Joe the Plumber...

sure. of course, there should also be tests that you have to pass before being allowed to vote. sort of hard to justify one without the other.

Never been a big fan of this, I don't like the idea of suddenly giving the people in power the ability to cull large numbers of voters or potential candidates from the pool.

Never been a big fan of this, I don't like the idea of suddenly giving the people in power the ability to cull large numbers of voters or potential candidates from the pool.

Agree, but what Ph is suggesting isn't a test to determine if one is eligible to run (or it's analog - vote) - just that test scores are available to the voting public - how much weight an individual voter places on the scores is completely up to the individual - much like wonderlic scores to the team who is drafting talent.

"Les Grossman
A.W. Hamilton

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would love to know the person pulling the strings behind that letter

You'e right LK, Les didn't say it twice...OOOPS yes he did...

What's typcial here is your BS and being totally wrong.

Uh....I said it "twice" because I was responding to something you posted. And, what the hell does it matter if I said it twice. You really dont make any sense.

Let me say it one more time for you so we're clear:

I think Michelle Bachman is an idiot. I do not think this is a left wing conspiracy. I would just like to know how this letter has become national news. That's all. Maybe you're right. Maybe it started through a facebook account. I dont know. I just doubt that's the case. If I'm wrong, so be it. It's really not a big deal. This will probably be the last time I'll make a benign and flippant comment on any thread you start so that I can avoid being drawn into absurd internet battles.

If you don't think there's a conspiracy why bring it up twice?

As to be RW, there's nothing with doing that and each of the posts you have made here that I've seen has been RW.

The only other posts I think you could be talking about is the Gitmo thread where you and I disagreed. I was adamant that cutting off someone's head is worse than us waterboarding. You disagreed. If that's RW, then I guess I'm RW.

Nope. Completely different since I'm not saying someone should have to pass a test to run for office.

Just to clarify - I do think testing should be required for the right to vote. Idiots electing idiots is the problem. Testing should definitely be required to run for office, and should probably be required in order to vote for people.

Just to clarify - I do think testing should be required for the right to vote. Idiots electing idiots is the problem. Testing should definitely be required to run for office, and should probably be required in order to vote for people.

How would the process not be abused as Brent stated above? Also, do those who could not pass this test not deserve representation? And where to you set the line of "smart enough to vote?"

Wow, ABCDeac. I was giving you the benefit of the doubt. It's a shame you feel that way.

oh, the irony

What would the questions be and who would decide what questions to ask?

Is a stupid American not an American worthy of the right to vote under the constitution?

Where in the Constitution does it distinguish between idiot Americans and smart Americans?

there are lots of smart Americans who I think vote for shitty candidates. Roughly 40%. :)

Testing for a constitutional right? Jiminy Christmas, that is the most unconstitutional thing I have ever read. Did you hear Boortz rant about this? because that dumbass is always saying this....

oh, the irony

What would the questions be and who would decide what questions to ask?

Is a stupid American not an American worthy of the right to vote under the constitution?

Where in the Constitution does it distinguish between idiot Americans and smart Americans?

there are lots of smart Americans who I think vote for shitty candidates. Roughly 40%. :)

Testing for a constitutional right? Jiminy Christmas, that is the most unconstitutional thing I have ever read. Did you hear Boortz rant about this? because that dumbass is always saying this....

I don't agree with testing but the same test to gain US citizenship could be used if this ever made it through Congress and SCOTUS.

Last edited:
Back