• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Huntsman Announcement

Not once in his first speach as a candidate does he mention Obama. Not once. He respects Obama. Well, shit, that's wonderful. And I'm sure China was a nice gig.

Huntsman can fuck off. He's about as Reagan as Barney Frank. End of discussion.

This board is all about my left leaning fellow alumni picking the candidate they are sure Obama can beat. And Huntsman is definitely a guy Obama would stand a good chance against.

This conservative says no thanks.

I could have sworn he mentioned Obama.

Sooooo, you didn't watch the speech. OK.

In passing about how he respected him. Listen to some audio of Reagan lambasting Carter at the Statue of Liberty in 1980 when he opened his campaign.

Like I said. You guys are picking the guy you want Obama to beat. Means nothing to me or any other conservative who is looking for someone to kick Obama's ass in 2012.

You are deluding yourself if you think any of the other guys are capable of "kicking Obama's ass".

You are deluding yourself if you think any of the other guys are capable of "kicking Obama's ass".

I'll give you one name... Rubio. Gallup said today 30% of Americans will definitely vote for Obama in 2012. So, how you think its impossible for him to get his ass kicked is beyond me.

30% is a pretty high number for that question.

30% is a pretty high number for that question.

That's Gallup today. And the general thinking is 40% vote Democrat no matter what. The polling sucks for Obama but that is not to say he can't turn it around in a year.

And the Republicans need to find a quasi-Reagan and run on the issues.

I don't think it's impossible for him to get his ass kicked. I think it's impossible for him to get his ass kicked by any of the other Republican candidates. Being the loudest candidate and using incendiary rhetoric doesn't actually make you conservative. Take Romney for example:

He was the governor of one of the most liberal states in the country Massachusetts. He introduced the predecessor to Obamacare, and he was pro-choice, pro-civil unions, and pro-cap and trade, but reversed all of these positions just in time for him to run for President in 2008. If you honestly believe this guy is an actual conservative, I have a bridge to sell you. Being respectful, diplomatic, and civil doesn't make you soft, and it doesn't make you liberal. It makes you a decent person.

Let's take a look at Huntsman's record:

He has an Ivy League education, and has served in every Republican administration since Reagan. He has real foreign policy credentials, something every other Republican candidate lacks. He is an actual conservative; he has always been unapologetically pro-life, he believes in the importance of the second amendment, and most importantly, he is more conservative fiscally than Romney could ever hope to be. He won both his elections for Governor of Utah by huge margins, and his approval rating topped 90% at several points. Utah is one of the most conservative states in the nation. Why would they so overwhelmingly approve of a candidate who is liberal and loves Obama?

Simply put, if you want electability, this is your guy. If you still think that Palin, Gingrich, Bachmann, or Santorum can win the nomination, much less the general, you are insane. If you think that Romney is more conservative than Huntsman, then you haven't done enough research.

Time will tell.

I suppose, but their records are already clear. It saddens me to see people rush to judgment on a guy they know nothing about except for what they heard on a 10 second soundbite. He is, in my opinion, the best Republican candidate since George H.W. Bush. It will be a shame if he can't get the nomination because the people are too lazy to do research.

not a good poll for obama, with 30% committed to voting for him and 36% against -- and 66% thinking country is going on wrong track.

long way to go. will be lots of polls btw now and then.

The only person capable of "kicking Obama's ass" is Hillary Clinton.

If the pubs want to win, that's who they should nominate.

Great profile in Esquire on Huntsman. He has my primary vote for now, and I abstained from voting in 2008 because all of the choices were awful.

The only person capable of "kicking Obama's ass" is Hillary Clinton.

If the pubs want to win, that's who they should nominate.

That is one of the better ideas I've read on this board.

Not once in his first speach as a candidate does he mention Obama. Not once. He respects Obama. Well, shit, that's wonderful. And I'm sure China was a nice gig.

Huntsman can fuck off. He's about as Reagan as Barney Frank. End of discussion.

This board is all about my left leaning fellow alumni picking the candidate they are sure Obama can beat. And Huntsman is definitely a guy Obama would stand a good chance against.

This conservative says no thanks.

Love the inaccurate, knee-jerk Reagan comparisons. That guy created the concept of spiraling national debt. Some food for thought:

http://hypervocal.com/politics/2011/reagan-the-rino-how-far-right-has-the-right-shifted/

I can get on the Huntsman bandwagon.

The Republican stars (Rubio and Christie) are sitting this round. Hunteman is the best we have..

Back