• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Hypothetical Seed Discussion (#8/#9 vs. #10 seed) (NWT)

It was DePaul who was upset by St. Joseph's. We would have played them in the Sweet Sixteen if we had beaten BC. We were the #4 and had a first round bye. But 3 of the top 4 seeds in that region lost their first game. #3 seed Indiana was the only team that won and they ended up winning the whole thing.

Right. At least Ore St. lost as well. :) St. Joe's best BC and then lost to Indiana for the Final 4.

Two guys who can get buckets all over the court and five other guys ranging from 6-1 to 7-0 who could get hot from deep. The 6-1 guy can drive to the basket. The 6-10 and 7-0 guy score in the post. Yeah, nobody would want to play us.

archer-stop-my-penis-can-only-get-so-erect.gif

Didnt VT get left out after winning like 23 games one year? I think I vaguely remember that when I still followed those things.

I think our best shout is to go into the tourney as an 11 seed or try to play up to the 6th seed. No point finishing out meh and getting an 8/9 seed.

Didnt VT get left out after winning like 23 games one year? I think I vaguely remember that when I still followed those things.

I think our best shout is to go into the tourney as an 11 seed or try to play up to the 6th seed. No point finishing out meh and getting an 8/9 seed.

5/1 or 6/0 between now and selection Sunday. Just win!

Why not play to the 6th seed? We are presently 28th in the AP poll which suggests a 6-9 seed right now. Also, it's hard to track all the teams who are apt to fall by the wayside bc of their remaining schedule. We have a more favorable slate of games to run out the regular season than a lot of teams. Take care of business and a 6 seed isn't out of the question.

I'm also not a buyer on the ACC totally blowing chunks but I also get why the league has put its own teams in a tough spot.

All I know is come tourney time I want no part of Kentucky, Auburn or Arizona. I think those are hard matchups for us. Purdue and Illinois also could be tough matchups for our guys although Illinois has the potential to be mercurial if you can shut down one of their deep shooters and get Kofi in foul trouble.

If WF played Purdue, the teams might combine for 200 points. Purdue has a crazy elite offense (#1 in the nation; offensive efficiency of 124; that's two points better than Gonzaga), but the Boilers play crappy defense (#114), and most importantly for WF, Purdue doesn't force TOs (#341 in the nation). WF probably would be outscored, but that game would be an epic watch. Agree that any elite team that plays heavy pressure D is no bueno for the Deacs (Baylor, Texas Tech, Houston).

If WF played Purdue, the teams might combine for 200 points. Purdue has a crazy elite offense (#1 in the nation; offensive efficiency of 124; that's two points better than Gonzaga), but the Boilers play crappy defense (#114), and most importantly for WF, Purdue doesn't force TOs (#341 in the nation). WF probably would be outscored, but that game would be an epic watch. Agree that any elite team that plays heavy pressure D is no bueno for the Deacs (Baylor, Texas Tech, Houston).

We would have NO answer for Ivey. He just flat out takes over games (see their home game vs. IL). And they can match our bigs with two very effective (more effective) ones of their own.

Not sure how they manage to check both LaRavia and ManMan though.

But, having watched them many times, they're basically IMO a more complete offensive version of our own team. And usually when you play a team that is sort of your mirror image it doesn't end well for the team that is slightly less complete.

none of the top teams in CBB are that dominant anymore, they all lost today. 8/9 isn't as bad as it once was, we have a better chance now in a hypothetical neutral court matchup in the 2nd round against a 1 seed than when ish and AFA lost to john wall, demarcus cousins, eric bledsoe, and patick patterson in the 2nd round by 30

What are the chances Wake will end up in Fort Worth? I have no idea how regionality works in the Tournament, but I saw there were some opening round games there.

About 1 in 8. it would likely mean we are in Baylor or Texas Tech pod. So as an 8/9 or as an 11.

Back