• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Hypothetical Seed Discussion (#8/#9 vs. #10 seed) (NWT)

Can't see anything except an #11 or #12 First Four.

maybe if xavier, rutgers, smu and the likes bomb in the first round. maybe sneak in. i have no hope. only fools hope

maybe if xavier, rutgers, smu and the likes bomb in the first round. maybe sneak in. i have no hope. only fools hope

Right there with you. Best case is Dayton. Need Va Tech, Virginia, SMU, Rutgers, Xavier, Florida, Indiana all to lose... easy, right? would also help us if BC does us a solid tomorrow...

Don’t mind me, Deacs. Don’t mind me. I’m just over here filling out brackets every year for the last 10 years with my kids, an activity all is Deac fans enjoy doing and often with our children too. And every year I’m telling them one day we’ll be able to see our own team in the bracket. And this year I’m hyping us up that we’re “finally good again.”

It’s just a bonding experience with my kids. No big deal. Didn’t really matter. Don’t mind me, I’m fine.

1 seed in NIT where you’ll have the privilege of watching the coy and poy at the Joel for the steep price of 3 bucks.

I'd rather be in the first four than the NIT to get a little "real" tournament experience for whomever is back next year. But Forbes clearly blew the end of regulation today. To have 30 seconds on the clock, tied game, and not get a shot up, is totally unacceptable.

We just fucked ourselves royally with that loss. I'd say chances of NCAAT are less than 20-30% now. Incredibly disappointing way to end a season assuming we don't go to the NCAAT. I'm gonna go puke

WE need a Sunday night miracle! I'll take any seed, just let me (us) dance for a few more minutes. I said it before and I will say it again if we get in - we could be dangerous. Or,....

When was the last time the ACC Player of the Year didn't play in the NCAA Tournament? Yikes. I felt like our resume was weak before this loss and this was a dagger. I see us as an NIT #1 seed right now.

The loss today is especially brutal because we are so senior heavy. Building something in the NIT isn't as relevant for the group of players we have who are getting the most minutes, unless we mix up our playing time.

Hope I'm wrong. We need BC to crush Miami in regulation, need VTech to lose, and I'd root for UNCheat or BC to win the title.

When was the last time the ACC Player of the Year didn't play in the NCAA Tournament? Yikes. I felt like our resume was weak before this loss and this was a dagger. I see us as an NIT #1 seed right now.

The loss today is especially brutal because we are so senior heavy. Building something in the NIT isn't as relevant for the group of players we have who are getting the most minutes, unless we mix up our playing time.

Hope I'm wrong. We need BC to crush Miami in regulation, need VTech to lose, and I'd root for UNCheat or BC to win the title.

The problem is that they still look at resumes at the end. We lost to Miami twice so that would look bad. VT is currently our lone Quad 1 win so we need them to look good. We're pretty much fucked.

Hey, maybe we can win a few games in the NIT and get back to the Peter Luger steakhouse before the NIT semis

I want to hear Coach Forbes comments. He has to be livid.

This one was pretty stinging about the end of the game. "We called a play for Jake and Alondes to finish the game in the time-out. We came out and got a stop. I had a couple time-outs. We already had it called. I probably should have called time-out, I'll take the blame on that, maybe get a better look. It was a pick-and-roll with him and Alondes, our best two players and he refused it, went downhill and charged."

This one was pretty stinging about the end of the game. "We called a play for Jake and Alondes to finish the game in the time-out. We came out and got a stop. I had a couple time-outs. We already had it called. I probably should have called time-out, I'll take the blame on that, maybe get a better look. It was a pick-and-roll with him and Alondes, our best two players and he refused it, went downhill and charged."

ooof

Back