• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Hypothetical Seed Discussion (#8/#9 vs. #10 seed) (NWT)

I’ll be sitting selection Sunday out. And as excited as I was to hang 31 in the Joel, count me out now.

Sure hope Forbes doesn't allow the TV cameras on the team for if/when the NCAAT bubble bursts.

For a game in the NCAA Tournament? Huh?

I don't know what today was about, perhaps us dominating BC in the first game and the two blowouts we were off of had us overconfident. But I strongly suspect it wouldn't be a problem in our next game

BC was #135 & now #128.

Sure hope Forbes doesn't allow the TV cameras on the team for if/when the NCAAT bubble bursts.

On the contrary, I'd make them sit there to get the verdict. Clearly, we didn't understand the likely impact of losing today.

I’m kind of surprised we’re still in so many brackets. I thought today was going to solidify our spot in the NCAAT or potentially boot us out of it. Forbes and team have to be sick about today.

I’m kind of surprised we’re still in so many brackets. I thought today was going to solidify our spot in the NCAAT or potentially boot us out of it. Forbes and team have to be sick about today.

i did too. but xavier just shat the bed as well. it's all how the bubble teams do. like the espn article said, they have to pick 68 teams.

During our week off it seemed a lot of teams just outside the projected field lost. The other good news is that all or almost all of those teams are going to lose again. Hopefully soon.

Think I've heard 3 analysts say they didn't realize BC was a quad 3 loss not quad 4, and as such it basically doesn't move the needle either way. Maybe a line, 2 at most.

Agree it's going to be all about the conference tourneys and bid stealing. Or a few have 5 ACC teams and they won't be VATech or UVA unless they at least get past UNC and Notre Dame. Especially since we killed VATech and beat UVA at their place.

lunardi last four byes: wake, creighton, memphis, michigan
last four in: xavier, wyoming, rutgers, smu
first four out: indiana, byu, dayton, vt
next four out: uva, vcu, florida, tamu

i figure those 16 are the bubble. regardless of where people have them seeded.
xavier lost. they can't jump wake. michigan and indiana play tomorrow. i think we should be rooting for michigan. rutgers will most likely play iowa and will be the underdog. creighton gets marquette. wyoming could lose to unlv.
it's not inconceivable for 13-14 of those teams to lose the first round conference game.

Obviously just want to get in… even if they get beat. The season’s goal is to go to the dance and majority felt this team did that. Now if they get shipped to NIT, the season becomes so much less. The awards and positivity seems to have evaporated with one game.
A positive person could say UCLA started with a big first half deficit in Dayton last year, so just getting in gives you a dance to make it memorable.

I still believe if we get into the NCAAT and play like we are capable of…we can make a run. Today’s loss to BC is due to us sleepwalking the first 10 mins and completely melting down on D late in the 2nd half. Both are correctable and I think we are going to give anyone we play a tough time. It’s disappointing that we have had things like this happen throughout the year, but we have generally bounced back the next time we play. Just hope we get that chance

I still believe if we get into the NCAAT and play like we are capable of…we can make a run. Today’s loss to BC is due to us sleepwalking the first 10 mins and completely melting down on D late in the 2nd half. Both are correctable and I think we are going to give anyone we play a tough time. It’s disappointing that we have had things like this happen throughout the year, but we have generally bounced back the next time we play. Just hope we get that chance
I mean, that sounds like almost every game this year.

Why does it seem like this squad needs a wake up call every 3 games or so? That's what an immature team or a poorly coached team needs, where they get ahead of themselves, get cocky and complacent over one or two wins...

Doesn't add up.

On Wake BB’s Instagram, Jay Bills commented: NCAA team. Zero question. Wake is IN.
Hope he’s right, but surprised he has that confidence level after sitting court side for today’s debacle.

Yeah that hurts us. Need them to lose tomorrow.

yeah, in my opinion (which is worthless), if they win tomorrow that fucks wake big time. i had the belief no win really helped anyone today. VT, Wake, UVA, etc. A loss (thanks wake) was a disaster.

BC sucks. A first four team will be better than BC. Could we win? Sure. But this team has some serious flaws, not to mention the coaching decisions late. Woof.

Back