• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Hypothetical: Who Replaces Bz at the end of the season?

Yes.

I think that the 10-11 team would have won 15-16 games.

I think one or two of the Woods, JTT, Ari, Ty, Melvin situations never happens. Meaning we have more talent on the team over the past three years.

I think the 2011 class would be lightyears ahead of what buzz brought in, the 2012 class would have been more balanced but comparable and the 2013 class would have been better. Dino proved he could recruit.

I think we would have missed the tournament in year 1 and 2, snuck in last year and be solidly in this year.

I think this is a very realistic approximation...

Bullshit. This gets thrown out there continually without any support. Either put up or shut up on this argument. I haven't heard from a single employee or big-time booster who can verify this to be true. We didn't have anything close to the Hairston situation going on at UNC, and the NCAA hasn't even bothered to investigate them. What NCAA rules were being broken? Spell it out. You made a claim, now back it up.

Gaudino = Steve Shutt?

Gaudino is insufferable. Jeez.

Come on Gaudino. Out with it. You've had nearly an hour to make some shit up.

THERE IS NO WAY WHAT YOU SAY IS TRUE.

Thank God we avoided a possible investigation that might lead to multi-year bans in the post season.

All of this. And I'm interested to see what Gaudino comes up with.

Yes.

I think that the 10-11 team would have won 15-16 games.

I think one or two of the Woods, JTT, Ari, Ty, Melvin situations never happens. Meaning we have more talent on the team over the past three years.

I think the 2011 class would be lightyears ahead of what buzz brought in, the 2012 class would have been more balanced but comparable and the 2013 class would have been better. Dino proved he could recruit.

I think we would have missed the tournament in year 1 and 2, snuck in last year and be solidly in this year.

Dino was not the coach to take our program to the next level. Wellman's real mistake was not waiting a year to fire Dino (after an inevitable bad season of 15-16 wins) and then bringing in a real coach.

Absolutely agree with this, except there would have been a pretty good chance of the NCAAs in year 2 (which would have been last year).

I just got back from that dogshit game so that's why I didn't reply. I said "possibly" under investigation. It's only my opinion and a speculative one at that.

Oh, so you're completely full of shit. Got it - should have just said that in the first place.

Someone's angry

I don't know if anger is the right word. But someone is the most disingenuous shade of full of shit.

Get some evidence or don't drag Dino's name through the mud any more than Wellman and his coven already have...

I just don't get how Dino Gaudio could have been this evil genius after being the right hand man of a coach we respected so much for so many years. His insidious influence on the program pretty much immediately ruined things according to some.

I don't know if anger is the right word. But someone is the most disingenuous shade of full of shit.

Get some evidence or don't drag Dino's name through the mud any more than Wellman and his coven already have...

This is a message board. It's not a court of law.

I just don't get how Dino Gaudio could have been this evil genius after being the right hand man of a coach we respected so much for so many years. His insidious influence on the program pretty much immediately ruined things according to some.

He just wasn't qualified or capable of coaching at this level. He had a ton of talent and basically wasted it. He did implement a solid defensive scheme with the pack line so he deserves credit for that.

He just wasn't qualified or capable of coaching at this level. He had a ton of talent and basically wasted it. He did implement a solid defensive scheme with the pack line so he deserves credit for that.

At what level? He wasn't capable of coaching at a championship level, agreed. But he was certainly capable of a hell of a lot more than this.

I'm not the guy still slandering a man who was fired from his job almost four years ago.

Someone asked where the program would be if Gaudio was still the coach. I'm sorry I had the audacity to reply with my opinion.

Someone asked where the program would be if Gaudio was still the coach. I'm sorry I had the audacity to reply with my opinion.

Just be sorry for slandering someone and talking about shit you know nothing about.

I don't know who this is, but this is my pick because it would be really awesome and confusing to have Dave Clawson and Dave Paulsen.

Paulsen and Clawson played basketball together at Williams. Paulsen is considered one of the top X's and O's coaches in America. Like Clawson, he also has won multiple national coach of the year awards at lower levels. Personality wise he has a bit of Skip in him with his fondness for quoting people like Sir Francis Bacon not mention his quick wit and sense of humor. Playing style he is more similar to Dave Odom with focus on defense.

Here's a tweet from Paulsen about Clawson.

"Great guy, great coach, couldn't check me in practice though!
sportsillustrated.cnn.com/college-footba… via @SInow"

Just tell us one secret violation that everyone in the AD has been able to keep quiet. Just one. One violation, one misstep. One anything.

If these incidents existed they would have been leaked but they never happened and revisionists use it to justify the neutering of Wake athletics. It's sick. Dino wasn't a good coach but that doesn't mean the AD is justified in the complete character assassination we've witnessed.

If the AD knows about a violation, they sure as hell better not be keeping it quiet. Would be grounds for immediate termination of everyone involved.

Saying we were on our way to NCAA trouble under Dino is the worst defense of Wellman possible.

Back