• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

I’ll bet my right to post on this message board that Wake makes the NCAAT in 2019.

Which seems a lot more coherent than:

Years 1 & 2: He’s worse than [Redacted]

Year 3: “Doesn’t count, and if it does it was all John Collins who Manning gets zero credit for, and anyways VT was 5 spots higher on the S-curve so Manning still sucks!”

Year 4: Total Meltdown over a team on par with JGray’s senior year.

Year 5: Even if they are a top 8 seed Manning still sucks.

If Wake makes top 8 seed next year I will be truly impressed. I give it a less than 10% chance based on what I have seen. I think it would take an amazing confluence of circumstances to make that happen.

We shall see. I hope you are right but I think it is less than 1/4 of a long shot to happen.

It’s really only going to take our talent performing roughly to ranking and experience level and Manning managing that talent like he did in 2016-17 rather than how he did this year.

This team is much worse than the JGray, Big E, and Strick senior year team.

by the way...I stopped any pretext of taking you seriously when you said Manning has already turned the program around

[Redacted] took over a mediocre NCAA team with a good recruiting class and turned it into a dumpster fire, completely depleted the talent base and good will of AAU and High school coaches and had an average ranking in the 180s, peaking at 120ish.

Manning took over at rock bottom from a talent perspective and in year 3 had us back to being a mediocre NCAA team with a good recruiting class coming in.

How is that not a turnaround? We can argue over whether he unalterably fucked up that turnaround this year but it seems pretty silly to argue that the turnaround didn’t happen.

The whole crux of the argument seems to be that if Tony Bennet had stepped in at the beginning of this season we would be a tournament team for the second year in a row.

I'll bet an avatar and "description" (where is says Mod Emeritus for me) for a full year that Wake isn't an 8 seed or better in 2019's NCAA tournament.

Loser much use whatever avatar and description that the winner wants for a full year. Loser has a week to make requested changes on this thread or in a PM.

This is a much worse punishment, IMO. Because you can still just disappear for a year but if you want to poke your head up and out of the sand then you embarrass yourself.

You game with that Rchillymillivanilli?

I'll bet an avatar and "description" (where is says Mod Emeritus for me) for a full year that Wake isn't an 8 seed or better in 2019's NCAA tournament.

Loser much use whatever avatar and description that the winner wants for a full year. Loser has a week to make requested changes on this thread or in a PM.

This is a much worse punishment, IMO. Because you can still just disappear for a year but if you want to poke your head up and out of the sand then you embarrass yourself.

Nope. Leave forever. If you want to welch and come back and embarrass yourself that’s up to you.

This is a much better bet. No running away and hiding after being wrong. Still get to yap on board but with a "shame hat". This bet makes sense.

Much better than just silencing the loser.

This is a much better bet. No running away and hiding after being wrong. Still get to yap on board but with a "shame hat". This bet makes sense.

Much better than just silencing the loser.

Y’alls confidence in all your bitching about Wake Basketball is clearly less than the value you place on being able to bitch about it. It’s ok to admit as much.

Y’alls confidence in all your bitching about Wake Basketball is clearly less than the value you place on being able to bitch about it. It’s ok to admit as much.

He ain't right on much, but he's right on this. If you're gonna bet, nut up and bet it all. Bye bye to the loser.

that's only a fun bet if one or both parties are awful, like BKF. otherwise it's just dumb, like the basketball episode of The Office

you don't gain anything from a stupid bet like that. and no one here wants to root against wake, except maybe moonz.

Back