• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

i am moving to chicago or charlotte so which should it be

we are trying to make sure we end up on the blue line still so probably around forest park or so and yeah that's the issue the dogs plus needing the extra room(s) for office(s) we can't just grab a one bedroom in wicker or whatever

Seriously, don't take the word of a bunch of NC lifers about Charlotte vs. Chicago. There is absolutely no contest.

i'm the midwesterner with family in chicago so that's why it's even in the conversation to begin with

Chicago is a better city with far worse traffic and absolutely horrible winters. The winters would keep me from ever living there.

You should move to Chicago and not think twice.

Yep. Chicago is amazing, and America's best big city.

And as a former resident of Charlotte let me tell you how much it sucks. It's a huge cookie cutter city, full of urban sprawl and transplants, and it has zero civic identity. Simply put, it has no soul.

If you're in your 20's and have spent time in another decent large metro area, you will immediately loathe it.

And as a former resident of Charlotte let me tell you how much it sucks. It's a huge cookie cutter city, full of urban sprawl and transplants, and it has zero civic identity. Simply put, it has no soul.

If you're in your 20's and have spent time in another decent large metro area, you will immediately loathe it.

He's been in CLEVELAND...

I've lived in Atlanta and DC an do not hate Charlotte. Unanimous on this thread that Chicago is a much better city but he self selected Charlotte as an option.

And if you do get tricked into moving to CLT just go ahead and say fuck it and move to the lake. The only people that move downtown are wannabe douchebag bankers and lawyers.

No doubt that Chicago >>> Charlotte. But with what the OP has said, Charlotte is the most realistic choice.

There's about a thousand other locations between the extremes of downtown and the lake.

lol no

There's about a thousand other locations between the extremes of downtown and the lake.

You're right I should of included how all the neighborhoods right outside of downtown suck too.

Dilworth, Elizabeth, Nota, Plaza Midwood, Wesley Heights.
Meh, Meh, Meh, Meh, Meh.

we couldn't of expected you to list all the possibilities.

just move in with Felder and call it a day

There's about a thousand other places than downtown and the neighborhoods right outside of it that are much better than living at the lake.

There's about a thousand other places than downtown and the neighborhoods right outside of it that are much better than living at the lake.

The suburbs? Please tell me you're suggesting this poor man moves to Myer's Park or Providence or some other white flight area like Ballantyne.

Dude you're suggesting he live half an hour away from Charlotte.

so i'm assuming there are other places to live other than lake norman in charlotte that don't suck otherwise i'd just move back to wilmington

Dude you're suggesting he live half an hour away from Charlotte.

And you're suggesting he live in suburban, urban sprawl hell. If he works from home he might as well do it up there and become a lake bum. There is nothing remotely satisfying about living in Charlotte.

Back