• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

i am moving to chicago or charlotte so which should it be

And you're suggesting he live in suburban, urban sprawl hell. If he works from home he might as well do it up there and become a lake bum. There is nothing remotely satisfying about living in Charlotte.

I actually didn't suggest any neighborhood. But any Charlotte neighborhood is better than the lake.

Maybe trashing a city isn't the best idea for this thread.

Charlotte has a lot of redeeming qualities, especially in the neighborhood of what he is looking for.

I'm not sure I understand the difference between living in an apartment or modest home a few miles from the lake and living in an apartment or modest home a few miles from uptown Charlotte. Please explain.

I'm not sure I understand the difference between living in an apartment or modest home a few miles from the lake and living in an apartment or modest home a few miles from uptown Charlotte. Please explain.

Because you have to live at least a half hour away (when 77 isn't fubar) from the wannabe douchebags.

All of them. The lake is a terrible suggestion. It's fine to hate Charlotte but the lake would be even worse.

There are certainly benefits to lake living. But unless you're actually living on the lake in a $2 million house, I really don't get the appeal. The suburban sprawl traffic hell is serious up there.

Sloth just move to CLT and start dying inside, but don't say I didn't warn you.

While I agree Chicago is a better place to live while young vs. Charlotte you really need to consider, as some have already stated, what Chicago and Charlotte really mean in your situation. Downtown Chicago May be vastly superior to downtown Charlotte and let's say that's what you're comparing. We'll, if you can only afford to be within 45 minutes of downtown Chicago but for the same rent you could be right in the middle of downtown Charlotte you need to consider that.

Also, your girlfriend's job is in VA or AK - why is Chicago on this list? Charlotte is close to VA. Chicago is not. Also, have you ever flown in or out of O'hare? It's in the middle of the country, which sounds convenient, but it means that bad weather anywhere will delay flights like crazy. I have flown through O'hare so many times and it's an effin nightmare unless you leave/arrive on the first flight. The TSA sucks the most there over anywhere. If you have to travel a lot I would never in my right mind choose to live in Chicago. Charlotte is a great hub and has almost none of the issues to the extreme O'hare does.

Yeah, the airport is one of the reasons ESPNU is in Charlotte. Jay Bilas lives in Charlotte. You could be the next Jay Bilas.

I've lived in both and consider them both great. Biggest question is do you anticipate getting married and starting a family? Is so how soon.

Picking Charlotte over Chicago is the Mundy of relocation decisions.

I can fuck this Brazilian Supermodel who loves anal and giving blow jobs any time of day or Precious, which should it be?

Are you buying or renting? We bought a 2 bed/2 bath, and I was surprised at how affordable this was. Granted, you're talking about someone who lived in New York for a decade, and spent a couple of years in southern Oregon, where you can't purchase anything for under $250, so my perspective may be a little skewed. I'd think you guys could find something on the blue line for a decent price, as long as you're not set on Wicker Park or the heart of Logan Square or something. Maybe Ukrainian Village?

I love it here - the winters are bearable. You will certainly have your walks home when it's -20 windchill where you question why you moved here, but the Chicago in the Spring/Summer/Fall is the greatest. Oh, and it's CHICAGO.

Back