• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

i am moving to chicago or charlotte so which should it be

DOES CHICAGO HAVE A CAROWINDS? THE CHOICE IS CLEAR.

The family issues might be a bigger consideration. It can be difficult to deal with that stuff from afar. So Chicago might be the answer for the short run. My little sister lived down town some years ago and was OK with it once she found out that car hoods require padlocks if you want to keep your battery.

The family issues might be a bigger consideration. It can be difficult to deal with that stuff from afar. So Chicago might be the answer for the short run. My little sister lived down town some years ago and was OK with it once she found out that car hoods require padlocks if you want to keep your battery.

Wow, what a fucking city.

It's totally Mad Max in Chicago, yeah. Hide yo kids, hide yo wife.

How to score in charleston:

1. Look rich
2. Don't be 300 lbs

That's it

to answer other questions posed:

i am a nomad and i have serious fight-or-flight problems i haven't lived anywhere longer than two years since i graduated and my girlfriend is an army brat we both plan on moving around a lot regardless

the marriage thing has been talked but even if we did get married we're not having a kid any time soon

Def Chicago

Move to Chicago
Get a place in Avondale - the next Logan Square and a blue line neighborhood
Ball the fuck out

Smoove, hook me up with some theater tix

Texas, Hyde Park is not the only integrated neighborhood in Chicago unless black-white integration is your criteria. Albany Park, Rogers Park, and Uptown have it beat. Most diverse socioeconomically, however, though the UofC is working hard to price out the poors.

Just don't be a donk. Go to places where people are different. So much dope shit on the south side, the west side, the far north side. NYC is the capital of the world and the best city in the US, but you can actually know Chicago and I love that.

yea i figured you'd be traveling a fair amount

the chicago airport options are a bit more of a hassle than charlotte, both to get to and travel through, but you'll have fewer connections

i completely disagree with you on the connections - within the continental US, I can't name a city of any size where you can fly direct from Chicago but not Charlotte. To get to Alaska or Hawaii you have to change in LA or Phoenix (for now). The pleasantness of the Charlotte airport far outweighs that occasional inconvenience, even if the g/f flies to Alaska regularly. (And I actually like O'Hare.)

all that being said, i enjoy both cities - made the same choice 17 years ago and I chose Charlotte, but Chicago is awesome too.

Move to Chicago
Get a place in Avondale - the next Logan Square and a blue line neighborhood
Ball the fuck out

Smoove, hook me up with some theater tix

Texas, Hyde Park is not the only integrated neighborhood in Chicago unless black-white integration is your criteria. Albany Park, Rogers Park, and Uptown have it beat. Most diverse socioeconomically, however, though the UofC is working hard to price out the poors.

Just don't be a donk. Go to places where people are different. So much dope shit on the south side, the west side, the far north side. NYC is the capital of the world and the best city in the US, but you can actually know Chicago and I love that.

Oo, you're right. http://www.radicalcartography.net/index.html?chicagodots

Let's be real though: Uptown/Rogers Park is, like, Evanston!

Rogers Park maybe, but not Uptown. Rogers Park and South Evanston along Howard are cool. Lots of African and Caribbean immigrants who make lots of good food.

Back