• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

I am so sick of this shit I can’t stand it!

I’d love to see who CP wanted the coach to be. His brother? It’s not like DM wasn’t already down the list after Ronnie was told no a bunch.

Dude, we won back-to-back ACC Championships in '95 & '96. We used to be a regular fixture in the Top 25 and many times in the Top 10 and Top 5. That's what we expect! But that was when we had good coaches (Dave Odom and Skip Prosser). Manning was a panic hire, because no one else wanted to clean up the dumpster fire left by [name redacted] and thanks to Ron Wellman. Maybe what we're seeing now is why CP3 didn't want Manning to be hired.

lol

We've had success in the late 50's and 60's and mid 90's and that's it. No titles no nothing. Stop fooling yourself. Tim Duncan's come around once in a lifetime. We're ACC basketball burnt toast.

Last edited:
Dude, we won back-to-back ACC Championships in '95 & '96. We used to be a regular fixture in the Top 25 and many times in the Top 10 and Top 5. That's what we expect! But that was when we had good coaches (Dave Odom and Skip Prosser). Manning was a panic hire, because no one else wanted to clean up the dumpster fire left by [Redacted] and thanks to Ron Wellman. Maybe what we're seeing now is why CP3 didn't want Manning to be hired.

As much as I hate to admit it I believe you are correct. And yes there was a time when we were a fixture in top 20and went to something like 14 straight post seasons. Then Buzzdick was hired and we have had one season worth a shit in the past 8 with this one looking to be another huge waste of time, money and effort.

I’d love to see who CP wanted the coach to be. His brother? It’s not like DM wasn’t already down the list after Ronnie was told no a bunch.

Fire Ronnie! Retire Ronnie! Ronnie must go.

Fire Ronnie! Retire Ronnie! Ronnie must go.
I think we should be looking closer at the BOARD OF TRUSTEES. They are ultimately responsible for this dumpster fire. Fire them all.

This is not the same BC team we've seen the last few years. And since when have we started winning a lot of games on the road in the ACC? Hopefully this is the game that leads to Chaundee breaking out.

Love that chaundee was killing it early. Was that 3 or 4 threes in a row? Manning sits him and he cools off. Sad.

If you think the Wake Board of Trustees sits around seriously discussing our basketball futures you are delusional. And rightfully so as it is a minor part of the Wake Mission.

I used to live and die by these games. The Wellman era has just sucked out all the passion. Watched yesterday's game with a faint hope but no real expectations.

The disappointment hardly registers anymore. It's kind of like being slightly bummed that it is a cold day in wintertime.

Losses are expected and it becomes a bit of a curiosity as to how each game will be lost. We are pretty near becoming Clemson basketball where winning would be nice but expectations are close to nil.

How bout that Clawson guy, though.

I used to live and die by these games. The Wellman era has just sucked out all the passion. Watched yesterday's game with a faint hope but no real expectations.

The disappointment hardly registers anymore. It's kind of like being slightly bummed that it is a cold day in wintertime.

Losses are expected and it becomes a bit of a curiosity as to how each game will be lost. We are pretty near becoming Clemson basketball where winning would be nice but expectations are close to nil.

How bout that Clawson guy, though.

Clemson would be an upgrade

since the 2006-07 season Clemson has 30 more wins vs the ACC than WF

I feel pretty similar. Part of it is getting older and having more/different responsibilities in life. But I'd almost definitely care more if I felt we had a chance at competence.

Now that’s a damning statistic.

Coming off the Belk Bowl and UNC game weekend, it dawned on me there were more basketball games. Like two a week. I thought, “Ugh. We’ve got to do this again.”

I refuse to believe this. Does not matter if you have empirical evidence. I cannot process this possibility.

Here's what I don't understand. We're well into year four and the same tendencies and sloppiness still remain. So, tell me again, exactly how all of this will be magically fixed between year four and five?
I'm not seeing that trajectory.

Maybe it will or maybe it won’t but firing Manning at this point would tarnish the search for an upgrade given all the turnover we have had with recent HCs.

If you think the Wake Board of Trustees sits around seriously discussing our basketball futures you are delusional. And rightfully so as it is a minor part of the Wake Mission.

+1, but it is a major part of my relationship with WFU alumni and formerly a source of enjoyment.

Last edited:
I can't wait to see the gyrations and back-tracking so many here will do if we are a Top 15-20 team next year and get a strong recruiting class.

I can hear it now:

"I was never anti-Danny."
"I knew he could learn."
"I knew it would take time.See it did."

and more...

Of course if we don't win the NC, they will say anyone could have won it.

I can't wait to see the gyrations and back-tracking so many here will do if we are a Top 15-20 team next year and get a strong recruiting class.

I can hear it now:

"I was never anti-Danny."
"I knew he could learn."
"I knew it would take time.See it did."

and more...

Of course if we don't win the NC, they will say anyone could have won it.

Yup. A bunch of freshman are going to make us a top 15 team. :eyeroll

Back