• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

I am so sick of this shit I can’t stand it!

Add them to Craw, Chaundee, Sarr and Doral and we could easily be.

I can't wait to see District's response if we do.

Maybe it will or maybe it won’t but firing Manning at this point would tarnish the search for an upgrade given all the turnover we have had with recent HCs.

Manning will mostly likely be fired in March/April of 2019 unless Jaylen is so good that he covers up these coaching flaws like JC did last season.

I'll give him this, Manning is an amazing recruiter. By historic standards he is pretty par for Wake (compared to Odom, Prosser, and Dino), but it's pretty amazing that he is pulling in these recruits given the on the court "success".

If you think the Wake Board of Trustees sits around seriously discussing our basketball futures you are delusional. And rightfully so as it is a minor part of the Wake Mission.

Dude, I’m pretty sure guys throwing millions of their hard earned dollars at our basketball program are spending some time in thought regarding bettering our basketball program.

The basketball program more than pays for itself.

Now that’s a damning statistic.

Coming off the Belk Bowl and UNC game weekend, it dawned on me there were more basketball games. Like two a week. I thought, “Ugh. We’ve got to do this again.”

there are many more where that came from

here's a list of regular season ACC wins since the ACC expanded to 12 teams for the 2005-06 season; this does not include our craptastic ACCT record:

note Maryland's position relative to us; they left the ACC 3 years ago

Duke 149 53 202 0.738
UNC 147 55 202 0.728
Virg 115 87 202 0.569
FSU 112 90 202 0.554
Mia 100 102 202 0.495
Clem 98 104 202 0.485
NCSt 83 119 202 0.411
VAT 81 121 202 0.401
Mary 76 72 148 0.514
BC 70 132 202 0.347
GT 68 134 202 0.337
WF 68 134 202 0.337

If you think the Wake Board of Trustees sits around seriously discussing our basketball futures you are delusional. And rightfully so as it is a minor part of the Wake Mission.

I'll tell ya what, mack: If Wake can't manage to make the Top 10 or 15 in University rankings like the other private P5 schools we consider our peers, I'd just as soon we focus more on sports "futures". It's really the only thing that keeps me in touch with alma mater and has real meaning in my life.

I'll tell ya what, mack: If Wake can't manage to make the Top 10 or 15 in University rankings like the other private P5 schools we consider our peers, I'd just as soon we focus more on sports "futures". It's really the only thing that keeps me in touch with alma mater and has real meaning in my life.

If Wake was ranked in the top 15 in the US News rankings, that would have real meaning in your life?

I can't wait to see the gyrations and back-tracking so many here will do if we are a Top 15-20 team next year and get a strong recruiting class.

I can hear it now:

"I was never anti-Danny."
"I knew he could learn."
"I knew it would take time.See it did."

and more...
Of course if we don't win the NC, they will say anyone could have won it.[/QUOTE

I am not anti Danny. I really thought we had turned the corner last year and while I knew this one would not be as good the disappointment started strong and continues to mount. We have the same problems game after game. He needs to fix it or find someone who can. At least enough to win games like yesterday. Is BC better than last year, of course they are. But watching that game it was obvious that we were the more talented team. We just did not have the sets and plays to execute and we didn’t execute what we had well enough. That is on the coach. I just wanted a nice competitive year and a good building block for next years arrivals. Alas not to be with the 1 - 4 start and losing two very winnable games in the last 3. Does not give anyone very much confidence.

That would tell me Wake had some claim on being a hardass academic school. #26-30, not so much.

OK, so top 15 = meaning in life, 26-30 = not much, so what does 15-26 equal?

Manning will mostly likely be fired in March/April of 2019 unless Jaylen is so good that he covers up these coaching flaws like JC did last season.

I'll give him this, Manning is an amazing recruiter. By historic standards he is pretty par for Wake (compared to Odom, Prosser, and Dino), but it's pretty amazing that he is pulling in these recruits given the on the court "success".

No way Manning would be fired that early unless (1) Wellman retires and the decision is made by a new AD; or (2) there's a major scandal.

Wellman is not going to can a guy who is two years removed from an NCAA appearance. In all likelihood Manning's future will be determined by Wellman's successor. If you want Manning gone, then hope for Wellman to retire.

Wellman is not going to can a guy who is two years removed from an NCAA appearance.

Wellman fired Gaudio right after he made the NCAA tournament second round.

Maybe it will or maybe it won’t but firing Manning at this point would tarnish the search for an upgrade given all the turnover we have had with recent HCs.

Get a new AD in first to lead the search and the stench is removed from the position.

Not realistic, I realize, but it is what needs to occur to rejuvenate Wake basketball, IMO.

Back