• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

I am so sick of this shit I can’t stand it!

Courtesy of OGB from this thread:

https://www.ogboards.com/forums/sho...More?p=2681058&highlight=knuckles#post2681058

No he doesn't....he hasn't built a team from the pits of a BCS conference to being compeititive.

I wasn't excited about hiring [name redacted], but he's much better than Gregory.

Coming 7th or worse five out of the past six years in a second rate conference is worse then what [name redacted] did at CU and it's not even close.

[name redacted] built CO from nothing to being competitive. No matter how much you hate him. You can't be honest and not say he left CO in a good position.

You can't rationally compare having a losing record five out of his last six years in the A-10 to coaching in the B12.

He took a dead CO program and had them on the way to respectability. People in the the coaching community disagree with you.

Whether he will do it here is still up for question.

2012 has a ton of big guys. If we get another Top 100 big guy, we will have a nice mix.

By then Carson will be decent player. Travis is a stud. JTT improved a great deal last year. Codi is exploding....It looks like Chase can shoot. CJ is a good piece and so is Tony.

If we get a ready to play bruiser, we could be on the bubble.

[name redacted] has been awful with the press, but he hasn't done anything to show he isn't a good coach.

Yep people her will go to any lengths to put [name redacted] down. If any other coach in Wake history went form a non-descript recruiting class to a potentially top 10 recruiing class the same people would be turning cartwheels.

Those who say [name redacted] is a bad person need to look in the mirror. He's a horrible communicator, but to say he's a bad person is insanity.

Even before we lost JTT no one was expecting this team to be that good. Most rational people had seen a light at the end of the tunnel with a Top 15 2012 recruiting class coming in.

What's sad is those who refuse to give any credit ever. There is a solid group that determined the day [name redacted] was announced that they would only look for failure. To deny this is to deny history.

It would have been great to have gotten Stevens or Turgeon when we fired Dino, but neither was going anywhere that year. Wellman handled it poorly. Few deny this.

So yo uare directly saying NOTHING [name redacted] can do will ever do for you.

You've also admitted that you had no intention of giving him a chance.

This speaks much more about YOU.

We have a Top 15 recruiting class and it looks like we lead on two Top 50 players in the next class.

My bad , you'd rather have us suck so you can be right.

[name redacted]'s job from Day One was to let the program tank, set it on a good path , then have someone takeover.

Wooooof, where to begin. There are other gems OGB posted there, too.

I hate where it is today. I think it will start turning around in 12/13.

No matter what happens, we'll be in better shape for a new coach than we were when [name redacted] took the job.
Hahahahahahahaha

That class looked good...sue me...

I notice you didn't copy the posts where I demanded certain levels of success and set up what should happen if it wasn't reached...NAH, you wouldn't do that.

Wow. Just wow. Hard to believe he and DCDeac have any credibility after being in the tank for [Redacted].

As I asked earlier. Exactly how are the poor habits and patterns exhibited for four consecutive years magically going to be resolved in year five? I've not seen a good plan articulated.

I just don't see how all of these deficiencies magically get fixed in less than 12 months. Say we get better talent. Will that fix more fundamental problems? I think you're simply painting over rust here.

Oh well. I post about twice a year and have already reached my limit for 2018. I'll just go back to lurking when I have some time on my calendar.

there are many more where that came from

here's a list of regular season ACC wins since the ACC expanded to 12 teams for the 2005-06 season; this does not include our craptastic ACCT record:

note Maryland's position relative to us; they left the ACC 3 years ago

Duke 149 53 202 0.738
UNC 147 55 202 0.728
Virg 115 87 202 0.569
FSU 112 90 202 0.554
Mia 100 102 202 0.495
Clem 98 104 202 0.485
NCSt 83 119 202 0.411
VAT 81 121 202 0.401
Mary 76 72 148 0.514
BC 70 132 202 0.347
GT 68 134 202 0.337
WF 68 134 202 0.337

#5 and #6 are coached by guys who would have moonwalked to Wake, if offered. Wellman was too busy to speak to either, it seems.

I notice you didn't copy the posts where I demanded certain levels of success and set up what should happen if it wasn't reached...NAH, you wouldn't do that.
tenor.gif

Rj stop trying to act like you weren’t one of the last few to hop off the redacted train. Just embrace it. We all lose from time to time. Now DR on the other hand...

As I asked earlier. Exactly how are the poor habits and patterns exhibited for four consecutive years magically going to be resolved in year five? I've not seen a good plan articulated.

I just don't see how all of these deficiencies magically get fixed in less than 12 months. Say we get better talent. Will that fix more fundamental problems? I think you're simply painting over rust here.

Oh well. I post about twice a year and have already reached my limit for 2018. I'll just go back to lurking when I have some time on my calendar.

The plan for fixing everything is Jaylen Hoard.

RJ can tell you that one top 15 class will fix all the problems with program. If you don't believe that you are just a bunch of haters.

I'll take being in the company of DCDeac, DG3 and Charlotte over Ayo, PH, etc. all day, everyday...

The plan for fixing everything is Jaylen Hoard.

There are others players and other situations, but none of them have feathers.

lol

We've had success in the late 50's and 60's and mid 90's and that's it. No titles no nothing. Stop fooling yourself. Tim Duncan's come around once in a lifetime. We're ACC basketball burnt toast.

For the 20 years prior to [Redacted], Wake went to the NCAA Tournament 14 times and the NIT 4 times. Wake was ranked #1 two different times. During those two decades prior to Wellman's self imposed Death Penalty, Wake was easily a top 20 program. I believe that you should stop fooling yourself.

I'll take being in the company of DCDeac, DG3 and Charlotte over Ayo, PH, etc. all day, everyday...

There are others players and other situations, but none of them have feathers.

Yes, but Jaylen and Mucius can fly.

You're a buffoon. This is not debatable. Go away.

You prefer being wrong and in the company of others who were wrong? Okay, I guess.

Back