• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

I am so sick of this shit I can’t stand it!

07 don't stop being you...big mouth, no knowledge or understanding about basketball or how things work in basketball...

07 don't stop being you...big mouth, no knowledge or understanding about basketball or how things work in basketball...
I hate where it is today. I think it will start turning around in 12/13.

No matter what happens, we'll be in better shape for a new coach than we were when [name redacted] took the job.
tenor.gif

You are proven to be a poor judge of coaching talent. I was against REDACTED very early and I said that Manning was set up to fail due to his inexperience and inheriting a dumpster fire.

Don't @ me, dude. Piss off.

07, the difference between you and bird is that bird and I can disagree and have fun doing it. For well over a decade you have been incapable of being anything other what you are doing here. It's sad, but you have always been this way and always will be.

As I said, the group I put forth has forgotten about bball than you and Ayo will ever learn...

Wow. Just wow. Hard to believe he and DCDeac have any credibility after being in the tank for [Redacted].

Coming from #UndePheated and the other posters on this thread, this is a nice compliment.

If you combine the posters that opposed the billboard or showed optimism around the Devin/Codi class with the ones that proclaimed Wake's program dead for 5+ years and predicted that Manning had no chance of making the tournament last year you'd be out of posters.

Not that I know what "in the tank" means. I was against promoting Dino but understood why it happened. Definitely thought he should be fired but didn't like the [Redacted] hire. The only prediction I remember outright making was that Codi, Cav, Moto, and Devin would make the tournament their senior year, and considering they beat Duke, UNC, and NC State as juniors there's a non-zero chance that could have happened. We'll never know since [Redacted] got fired, which I was also in favor of. My requirements have always been the same - if you don't make the tourney in 4 years or you lose control of the players that represent Wake Forest, you deserve to go outside of very unique circumstances. We went from a guy who'd recruit a crack dealer if he could dunk to a guy who'd sign a haircut if he wore his socks right. Both embarrassed the school, just in opposite ways. I'd guess there aren't all that many posters who have played with, talked to, and continue to talk to players from those years to the extent that I have, and I'll admit it was difficult to listen to the nonsense posted here during our coaching searches when a family member represented a Wake target and I couldn't set the record straight.

I'm in the tank for the players if you want to call it that, and will happily continue to wear the badge of optimist for this board that seems to spend more time discounting last year's success than discussing actual basketball. It's toxic enough around here that I've gotten pretty numb to the absurdity of all of it - Manning goes from 2 ACC wins to 9 and finishes 5th in ACC Coach of the Year voting - and people want him fired the following year after his entire front court jumps early. The posters who predicted little if any improvement last year can sit around patting themselves on the back, taking shots at Wake fans who posted anything positive during the [Redacted] years - I guess for that sweet sense of superiority it gives them - but I'd rather be a fan of our players first and leave the internet trolling to the politics board.

By the way Ph, Ish is about to plow through the $24 Million mark in NBA earnings.

But Ish was never an ACC quality PG...how is he going to end up with a 10 year NBA career?

But Ish was never an ACC quality PG...how is he going to end up with a 10 year NBA career?

Yet Ish still isn't as good as Teague. Not now and not when they played together. But what does it really matter? No one saw Ish having an NBA career, but he pulled it off.

The most favorite past time of Wake fans is eating our own. It's really fucking stupid.

We had four guys on that team who are likely 10+ year NBA guys, yet the Dino defenders want to harp on Ish’s success like some damn badge of honor. Dino couldn’t manage that talent. He couldn’t figure out how to win in March.

We get so worked up about recruiting yet it’s coaching that hurts us every time.

We had four guys on that team who are likely 10+ year NBA guys, yet the Dino defenders want to harp on Ish’s success like some damn badge of honor. Dino couldn’t manage that talent. He couldn’t figure out how to win in March.

We get so worked up about recruiting yet it’s coaching that hurts us every time.

I’d kill for the 62-59 final scores of the Odom years. At least we made the tournament(essentially) every year.

Didn’t mean to quote you, PH.

And “in the tank for the players” is the last thing I would call you. Laughable. The players are the sole target of your blame after any loss. It is hard for you to bring yourself to critique the coaching authentically, and you should just come to grips with that.

Yeah hard to disagree with any of this. Have we ever had a good coach? Odom had to be the best of the last 30 years, right? It's only in question since he didn't make a final 4 with Rodney, Timmy or Randolph, in addition to a solid supporting cast most years.

lol

We've had success in the late 50's and 60's and mid 90's and that's it. No titles no nothing. Stop fooling yourself. Tim Duncan's come around once in a lifetime. We're ACC basketball burnt toast.

Yeah, I'm sure that Duke fans thought the same thing, before 1980 when they hired Coach K.

Would have a better chance of finding our K if we quit hiring 50 year old coaches.

Ding ding ding. Winner. BTW. Wes is 10-2 last 12 conference games on the road—twice as many conference road wins as we have in a decade.

But we have to wait until he is “qualified” (I gusss that means 50). If we want to measure resumes for past success someone remind me why we aren’t hiring Bob Knight or Tubby Smith.

Have to hire smart and young next time. If that flops, hire smart and young again.

Back