• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

I can't believe how bad this team has turned

I agree our rebounding is poor. You can blame our offensive rebounding on fundamentals i.e. not boxing out; however, the defensive rebounding woes are multifactorial. Until our guards can guard the perimeter players, the bigs have to leave their man to help out when the guards get beat, leaving the opposing inside players uncovered for a rebound. The defensive scheme is a main reason for the poor defensive rebounding woes. I still cannot understand why our bigs continue to show so far away from the basket. This has never resulted in a trap and steal and leaves us exposed in the paint. We need to play zone and utilize our length. Although, I understand that zone defense in theory, leads to worse rebounding, at least our bigs will be closer to a basket in a zone. Offensively, we are so concerned will getting back in transition that we do not follow shots. Combine that mindset with playing a small three guard lineup and we are set up for Rebounding failure.

Back