• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

I can't believe how bad this team has turned

Hudson's collapse is bizzarre. Was he taking peds earlier and has now stopped? I am at a loss for any rational explanation.

He needs to be running point. When we called on him against UCLA to handle the rock, he was getting to the line at an alarming rate. He likes to take advantage of a smaller defender, but has trouble making those same moves against someone bigger or stronger (that was all sarcasm by the way).
Reality is that he is 22 yrs old and doesn't seem to be very strong. He is in love w/ a 3 pt shot that doesn't seem to fall enough or almost at all. It could be a mental block of his as whenever he tends to pull up or step inside the 3 pt line, he seems to be automatic. He needs to try & get his 10 pts from short jumpers & free throws.

C'mon man. You follow sports. Coaches hype up their players before the season to get the fans excited. Coaches blame players during the season to deflect criticism.

Yes, sure they do. But he wouldn't pick Hudson to hype up unless Hudson was showing him something to get hyped about.

Hudson even at his best has not shown a handle on basic fundamentals.

Hudson's collapse is bizzarre. Was he taking peds earlier and has now stopped? I am at a loss for any rational explanation.
Maybe it has to do with the fact that he was a 21 year old freshman and is a 22 year old sophomore?

On the bright side, Manning clearly knew the biggest problems were at SG and SF because that was the focus of his recruiting.

Bingo, we have only one reliable outside shooter - Dinos.

Maybe the summer growth spurt messed up his shot more than anyone realized. Raised his release point and vision aiming point a few inches, and was probably shooting long/high. There is a story (probably apocryphal) about Larry Bird going into a random gym just to shoot and missing almost every one of his first 20 shots. He then said that the rims were an inch high, "readjusted" and proceeded to shoot like Larry Bird would. Someone went and measured after he left, and yes the rims were almost an inch high.

Not saying Hudson is Larry Bird, but if he had his aiming point and eye-hand coordination trained for a two inch shorter Hudson, the growth spurt could have that off just enough, and he is still trying to reorganize his shot for his new body geometry, after doing it differently for a few years.

Maybe it's been said, but what about Codi at the 3 he'd be undersized but he is pretty athletic and quite strong.

Isn't that what we've been doing?

CMM sucks at any position. He is killing us. Just a horrible basketball player in the halfcourt.

CMM sucks at any position. He is killing us. Just a horrible basketball player in the halfcourt.

I'm not going to defend Codi but getting our asses beaten like a rented mule the last two games goes well beyond one player.

The entire team plays matador defense, can't throw the ball into the fucking ocean and our rebounding is atrocious.

I'm not going to defend Codi but getting our asses beaten like a rented mule the last two games goes well beyond one player.

The entire team plays matador defense, can't throw the ball into the fucking ocean and our rebounding is atrocious.

We block out for shit.

We're like 6th in the ACC at almost 40 boards a game, but whatever.

Even with UNC, up 9 on VT, even with NC State, +9 against Duke, -5 against Louisville. Outside of the blowout Syracuse loss we've done pretty well on the boards. UNC and NC State are two of the best rebounding teams in the conference.

Not sure what these guys left in Hawaii, but it was significant. I thought coming out of Hawaii that this team could be pretty good. Usually teams improve as the season goes on, but this team has took a nose dive into the toilet. Not sure if it is all on CMM on all on Manning, but someone is not doing his job. When the team runs the offense and moves the ball good things happen. When they run around like an intramural team, bad things happen. You would think by this point in the season we would be running the offense and would have improved. Not the case at all-- so what is the problem???

Not sure what these guys left in Hawaii, but it was significant. I thought coming out of Hawaii that this team could be pretty good. Usually teams improve as the season goes on, but this team has took a nose dive into the toilet. Not sure if it is all on CMM on all on Manning, but someone is not doing his job. When the team runs the offense and moves the ball good things happen. When they run around like an intramural team, bad things happen. You would think by this point in the season we would be running the offense and would have improved. Not the case at all-- so what is the problem???

Agreed. Wake hoops must have a curse. I catch hell at work from Carolina/Duke fans about Wake always fading by the time February comes around. The no defense and sorry free throw shooting piss me off more than anything. Six bad years of Wake basketball sucks. I hope these guys can do something positive before the season is over.

Agreed. Wake hoops must have a curse. I catch hell at work from Carolina/Duke fans about Wake always fading by the time February comes around. The no defense and sorry free throw shooting piss me off more than anything. Six bad years of Wake basketball sucks. I hope these guys can do something positive before the season is over.

At this point, just winning one ACCT game would amount to a successful season. Then again, should we even count a Tuesday win in the ACCT as progress? Sad state of affairs indeed when all I'm hoping for is a meaningless tournament win.

Back