• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

I Don't Want A Black Roommate

is this saying you wouldn't be allowed to say your race? I just got a black roommate and one of his questions was if it's going to be cool with my friends and family to have a black roommate. obviously that was a yes from me, but the point is that i think this would be helpful for the buyer as well to advertise his race, since i would assume he doesn't want to get stuck with a racist just like a racist wouldn't want him

I am very disappointed this thread hadn't yet been marked with the "rj is right again" tag.

I see all sorts of ads on Craigslist saying that roommates must be gay friendly or women seeking female roommates. This is ridiculous.

Talk about an incredible waste of time. If I understand correctly the problem is someone may not want to live with a white person. They'd like to advertise this fact. But somehow this may not be permissible. So then they don't get to advertise this fact but still get to screen roommate applicants in the space between their ears - meaning they'll wait until someone they approve of approaches them.

In turn we'll waste a lot of time for a lot of people.

Further, if someone didn't want to live with me because I happen to be part Cherokee, I'd like to know this fact before I apply to live with them.

Talk about an incredible waste of time. If I understand correctly the problem is someone may not want to live with a white person. They'd like to advertise this fact. But somehow this may not be permissible. So then they don't get to advertise this fact but still get to screen roommate applicants in the space between their ears - meaning they'll wait until someone they approve of approaches them.

In turn we'll waste a lot of time for a lot of people.

Further, if someone didn't want to live with me because I happen to be part Cherokee, I'd like to know this fact before I apply to live with them.

Yep. Seems inefficient.

Can we add real estate law to the list of things RJ acts like an expert in but in fact doesn't know shit about?

anybody volunteer to quit his/her job and keep the running list current?

RJ, let's say you and I go toe-to-toe on Bird law, and see who comes out the victor. You absolutely can't own a hummingbird, but you can however own a gull, but you don't want to live with a sea bird, it'll blast your eardrums out.

It's not governed by reason, is what I'm saying.

no, i'm not joining on something that has no point.

I've got RJ on ignore simply out of principle, but I still read most of his posts because I have so much fun disagreeing with him on everything.

I've got RJ on ignore simply out of principle, but I still read most of his posts because I have so much fun disagreeing with him on everything.

I personally find it amusing that someone who rails on other posters as cowards for anonymous neg rep puts people on ignore because he can't stand being told when he's wrong.

I personally find it amusing that someone who rails on other posters as cowards for anonymous neg rep puts people on ignore because he can't stand being told when he's wrong.

He was scared of my bird law expertise.

I don't have you on ignore. what you to do was pointless and I was having none of it.

"He was scared of my bird law expertise"

Your only purpose was to be a dick. Why people are so obsessed with me is beyond creepy.

As to the Nazi stympathizer LK, he's a punk and always has been.

Last edited:
Nothing's funnier than when RJ posts about the law.

Or basic principles of finance and business. Recall his assertion there were hundreds or even thousands of big companies who pretended their headquarters were outside the U.S. Recall his assertion that home loans couldn't be foreclosed because more than one lender had an interest in the loan. It's that basic lack of knowledge on how things work that is oh so priceless.

Back