• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

I know Wellman doesnt care about the fans, but the players deserve better.

I know Dino was begging to get TC into school. He certainly saw something in him. Perhaps a completely different style of coaching and play would have helping him along. It is pretty clear that the match with Bzzz is a disaster. It is also possible that Dino and other evaluators were completely off and the kid doesn't have the skill set to compete at the high D1 level.

Our transition game was a strong point under Dino. I think it's safe to say that Dino would have done a better job of coaching him on the break than Bz has.

I know Dino was begging to get TC into school. He certainly saw something in him. Perhaps a completely different style of coaching and play would have helping him along. It is pretty clear that the match with Bzzz is a disaster. It is also possible that Dino and other evaluators were completely off and the kid doesn't have the skill set to compete at the high D1 level.

I have to believe it's mix of both. I do believe Bzz is a disaster but I also believe TC is not capable of being a point guard on any high major program.

This team is smart enough to know they suck in their own right. I don't think I've ever seen a staff so lost and players so bad.

Maybe he is someone you take an NBA approach with--find a skill of value and make him the best ____ he can be. It seems being a complete PG is beyond reach at this point. Make him a tenacious defender at least.

Even casual Wake fans can see what a joke of a coach we have and recognize the horrendous product on the floor. I have never seen so many people from Wake agree on one thing, but I don't know a single person with any connection to Wake who still wants Buzz anywhere near our school.

So sad.

If we showed any sort of progress I'd be willing to give him a chance with some more talent, but we didn't improve at all. Hell, we played better against Nebraska in early December then we did today.

I need a gif of the Demon Deacon with a paper bag over its head. Someone hook me up and I'll send some positive rep your way.

yxywi.jpg

Even casual Wake fans can see what a joke of a coach we have and recognize the horrendous product on the floor. I have never seen so many people from Wake agree on one thing, but I don't know a single person with any connection to Wake who still wants Buzz anywhere near our school.

So sad.

If we showed any sort of progress I'd be willing to give him a chance with some more talent, but we didn't improve at all. Hell, we played better against Nebraska in early December then we did today.

Bingo. Green did not improve and Fischer was useless by the end of the season - 0 confidence out there. Desrosiers is still weak and can't shoot. So, who improved? Nikita? Ok, who else?

We need to clean house. Keep the players if they want to stay.

From rjkarl. That's who you heard it from. Because that's all he was capable of typing for a full season.

You're right with him (and less talent) healthy we won six more games this season than last. We won three more ACC games. We had less TOs/game. We held the opposition to almost seven fewer points than we did last year.

I know facts don't matter to the Tony haters, but they are the facts.

Next year he'll be a solid backup PG.

Ty improved once he committed his life to drug use.

The thing that bugs me about Chennault was all I heard last year was "Well if we just had Tony Chennault playing things would be so much better." I am not sayng you said that but I read that countless times on the board.

Thats more or less because he was supposed to be a LOT better. He was ranked pretty high as a recruit right?

Turns out the guy has absolutely no vision. I could see him being decent if he was capable of finding open guys. (And then passing it to them)

Thats more or less because he was supposed to be a LOT better. He was ranked pretty high as a recruit right?
Turns out the guy has absolutely no vision. I could see him being decent if he was capable of finding open guys. (And then passing it to them)

Depends on who you ask. Some have argued that class was rated based on the number of players we had in it but not the talent of the class which to me translates to overrated.

I do kind of laugh that someone might thing Tony is the reason we won 6 more games this year, especially if you watched him play this year.

Depends on who you ask. Some have argued that class was rated based on the number of players we had in it but not the talent of the class which to me translates to overrated.

I do kind of laugh that someone might thing Tony is the reason we won 6 more games this year, especially if you watched him play this year.

It's pretty clear that the TC class was pretty sorely overrated. If anything, he may be responsible for several of our losses.

CMM will start over him. You don't sit talent when coaching a bad team.

Wellman has to be at least embarrassed by our lack of progression.

If MD is desperately weak in the front court, what in God's name are we?

nonexistent front court

It's pretty clear that the TC class was pretty sorely overrated. If anything, he may be responsible for several of our losses.

CMM will start over him. You don't sit talent when coaching a bad team.

was the class overrated or setup to fail?

nonexistent front court

was the class overrated or setup to fail?

Carson was the only player in the class that was over-rated.

Can't really judge JTT or Tabb.

McKie was obviously not over-rated.

TC was the lowest ranked player in that class and has played like it so far.

bzzz is being judged based on what happens in the 12/13 season.
if he doesnt show improvement then he's on the hot seat.
these last 2 years were to wipe the slate clean.

improvement being 7-9 conference wins. maybe an upset of a top 3 ACC team as a bonus

Back