• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

"I Lost My Dad to Fox News"

I've lost my father and my significant other has lost a mother to this horrible epidemic. When I got together with a group of college buddies last year I was astonished to learn how many had suffered the same family trauma.

that is dead on balls accurate in the case of my pops as well

They have fox news on all the TVs in my building. I can't help but laugh at some of the headlines they run on screen when i walk by. You have to wonder who made the executive decision to make that channel standard.

They have fox news on all the TVs in my building. I can't help but laugh at some of the headlines they run on screen when i walk by. You have to wonder who made the executive decision to make that channel standard.

Put one on a different news channel. People will lose their shit. It's like they're pumping subliminal messaging or something that makes people irrationally angry to see any other source of news.

I do it at the office any time I'm there just to troll...it's fun to watch people huff and puff and angrily change it back.

I found it interesting that the median age of a Fox News viewer is 68, yet one of the narratives they're probably going to go with is that Hillary Clinton is too old.

Put one on a different news channel. People will lose their shit. It's like they're pumping subliminal messaging or something that makes people irrationally angry to see any other source of news.

I do it at the office any time I'm there just to troll...it's fun to watch people huff and puff and angrily change it back.
I often do but it's always back when I return.

I used to do it at the Y.

I found it interesting that the median age of a Fox News viewer is 68, yet one of the narratives they're probably going to go with is that Hillary Clinton is too old.

They already have. TDS or Colbert did a bit on it last night.

I thought the liberal view was that you have to be member of a demographic in order to comment on it?

I thought the liberal view was that you have to be member of a demographic in order to comment on it?

Which would be a valid response if the Fox News narrative was "Someone like us shouldn't be President"

Like rich, old, white, conservative, males commenting on abortion?

Definitely my father-in-law. I think he watches it all day every day, mixed in with Drudge Report on his ipad.

I took it off the Favorite Channels list we use on our DirectTV boxes. And just for the heck of it added the Al Jazeera America channel to the list. Good times when some folks are looking to get their kool/hater aid fix.

Hmmm. Parents been saying the same about children and college for generations.

The big problem I have is that they leave it on all day while my kids stay at their house. I got all kinds of interesting comments from my son during the presidential election.

this came on pandora as i was reading it:

especially funny considering it's his generation that are the ones the article is about.

Back