• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

"I Lost My Dad to Fox News"

I'm so glad that my dad and father in law aren't this stupid. Both enjoy politics and both recognize foxnews for the sham it is. I'm very very fortunate.

I'm so glad that my dad and father in law aren't this stupid. Both enjoy politics and both recognize foxnews for the sham it is. I'm very very fortunate.

I'm in this camp, too, thankfully.

My parents seem to get more liberal with each passing year so I'm good. And my father in law is conservative as hell but can't stand Fox thankfully.

Smart, wise people! Have u peeps forgotten about CNN and MSNBC? Oh, they're middle of the road, blah, blah, fuckin blah.

My dad and mom watched it religiously. Since my dad passed, my mom watches TVLand.

It's out there in syndication. Believe me I know.

Matlock (And its predecessor Perry Mason)
In The Heat of the Night
Seventh Heaven

All parental favs.

Last edited:
Really interesting article and completely lines up with my FIL. He's become much more anti-science, paranoid, etc. in the last 5 years. He probably consumes 3+ hours of Fox News a day.

Smart, wise people! Have u peeps forgotten about CNN and MSNBC? Oh, they're middle of the road, blah, blah, fuckin blah.

Do you know anybody who worships at the alter of MSNBC? Do studies show that MSNBC viewers are tragically uninformed?

Do you know anybody who worships at the alter of MSNBC? Do studies show that MSNBC viewers are tragically uninformed?

My Fox worshiping MIL counters the published UMD study about Fox viewers with a conservative blog post.

Not sure anyone would ever assert that MSNBC is middle of the road.

The difference is that MSNBC doesn't hide what they're doing. Their slogan is "Lean Forward."

Fox News pretends like they're an unbiased news organization by having slogans like "Fair and Balanced" and "We Report, You Decide."

CNN is so middle of the road it is painful. No matter how ridiculous one side of an issue is or how out of touch with reality its supporters, CNN can be counted on to give them equal airtime/printspace and report the whole thing without telling the viewer that one side is stupid. That kind of reporting doesn't help anyone, either. When someone is completely FOS media should call them on it.

Back