• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

"I Lost My Dad to Fox News"

Figured this article was a good reason to bring this thread back up. This is the best read I've seen on this topic.
http://fusion.net/the-long-lucrativ...dium=sharefromsite&utm_source=Fusion_facebook

"The original strategy behind demonizing the “mainstream media” may have purely political, to steer voters away from outlets that tended to present information damaging to the conservative cause, but the creation of the conservative media was also a revenue opportunity for shameless grifters from the very start, as Rick Perlstein showed in his classic Baffler piece on the snake oil-salesmen of the right.
The bottom-feeding amorality of the sorts of people who sponsored the right-wing press, and the crummy nature of the products and services sold, shows exactly who was supposed to be consuming it: suckers. Or, more specifically, trusting retirees, with a bit of disposable income, and a natural inclination to hate modernity and change—an inclination that could be heightened, radicalized, and exploited."

I just walked by a book store and saw a copy of Brett Baier's book about Eisenhower on display and thought of this thread. And then you think of all of O'Reilly's books, including the current one about traditional values entitled "Old School", all while he's going through his sexual harassment situation.

Fox News making those bucks.

Back