• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

I need some spice in my life (HOT SAUCE discussion)

s5ckr6.jpg

Texas Pete is a regular go to. I always have the biggest bottle I can find in the fridge.
Pickapeppa for steaks and almost anything else really. Underrated sauce, imo.
Green Tabasco or the "the jalapeno one". Love it.
Sriracha for all things asian and my own hot sweet chili "bang bang" sauce.

it's not really hot sauce, exactly, but Trader Joe's sriracha bbq sauce has been my go-to condiment for basically everything in the last 2 months. it's not so spicy that it can't have mass appeal, but it's got enough of a kick to make things interesting/delicious.

I know a guy in PDX who makes his own hot sauce and sells it out of the bar he works at. Shit is legit legit.

I know a guy in PDX who makes his own hot sauce and sells it out of the bar he works at. Shit is legit legit.

was that guy on Chopped? they had someone with a similar story on recently.

Gotta do Tapatio for most stuff - it's the best. I like Louisiana for eggs, though. And I do enjoy the Frank's Red Hot from time to time.

I guess I don't really think of Sriracha as hot sauce...

It's not technically a hot sauce but I like this salt on burgers. It's a ghost pepper infused salt.

ratio6x5-600.jpg

We got it at a spice shop in Greensboro. Savory Spice Shop -- Shoppes at Friendly. It's basically across the parking lot from REI in the corner.

This should be hitting the store shelves soon. It's in the style of - and developed to compete with - Cholula. It is absolutely fantastic.

Tabasco%20Mexican.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

For people who really like hot sauce, this dude is local to NC and has dominated almost every major hot sauce competition in the country (NYC, Texas) over the last couple of years.

http://racecitysauceworks.com

He also puts it in the cocktail mixers at the bottom of the page, which tastes insane.

For people who really like hot sauce, this dude is local to NC and has dominated almost every major hot sauce competition in the country (NYC, Texas) over the last couple of years.

http://racecitysauceworks.com

He also puts it in the cocktail mixers at the bottom of the page, which tastes insane.

"Since being founded in late 2008 by Chef Chad Lowcock..."

On Mexican food, green el yucateco is my go to. Perfect amount of flavor and heat. I love the Texas Pete Hotter on most everything else.

Lottie's is the shit

Haven't had Lottie's, but that looks similar to what I posted. My grandmother was born and raised in Barbados and took us there on a family vacation when I was in middle school. My dad brought back some of the Neville A. Edwards pepper sauce. We recently found it online and my mom purchased 12 bottles. I put it on my "ham scramble" in the mornings and it is delicious!

Back