• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

IASIP Mafia - GAME OVER Timdunk wins

I ruled on this last week you must have missed it. If we aren't punishing civs, maf can have at it with fakes. They will be sniffed out anyway. And in fact dumbtell really only means fake ones. What parlay does is just being dumb.

Thats basically what we said. We said if jtp cant fake dumbbell then AA civ who dumbtell

I ruled on this last week you must have missed it. If we aren't punishing civs, maf can have at it with fakes. They will be sniffed out anyway. And in fact dumbtell really only means fake ones. What parlay does is just being dumb.

I guess, but frankly, that's closer to a game that's not fun to play. I want to play with other smart people who are doing smart people things. Everyone just acting like they don't know how to tie their own shoes is just thoroughly uninteresting to me

I guess, but frankly, that's closer to a game that's not fun to play. I want to play with other smart people who are doing smart people things. Everyone just acting like they don't know how to tie their own shoes is just thoroughly uninteresting to me

The argument against this is that the meta fixes itself. If people stop clearing players who dumbtell because it's a known strategy by mafia, then there's no incentive to dumbtell, and people will stop doing it.

"Part of being smart, is being able to be incredibly dumb."

The argument against this is that the meta fixes itself. If people stop clearing players who dumbtell because it's a known strategy by mafia, then there's no incentive to dumbtell, and people will stop doing it.

lol you have a lot more faith in people not being stupid than most. Shit I was a mod-cleared IC this game and I still made a stupid error about not realizing JMan had been killed.

I want a retroactive AA to when parlay dumbtold the JMan odd night protection knowing full well he was odd night protection.

NOW RYALA

Ok, AA granted. Maf 1 hits tim, the hit fails. Tim hits GM and juice. Tim wins.

lol you have a lot more faith in people not being stupid than most. Shit I was a mod-cleared IC this game and I still made a stupid error about not realizing JMan had been killed.

Not really. People will definitely make mistakes. I just think that if mafia does it more often being dumb and dumbtelling won't be a viable strategy to clearing yourself and actual instances of civs being dumb also won't be as clearing.

And then people won't fake dumbtell. And then dumbtelling will be clearing again. And then mafia will adapt. And so on.

absolutely agree with this, too

Back