• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

#icebucketchallenge

I was not planning on accepting any challenge. But I had a colleague (whose uncle died of ALS) challenge our staff of 10 and offered to donate $500 for everyone who ACCEPTED and match anyone who refused the challenge.

At that point I'd have been an ass if I had not had someone pour ice water in my head

Chris Pratt's is pretty good:

Also, we have a Breast Cancer Awareness drive going on at work right now and all of the higher ups have agreed to do the challenge if a certain amount of money is raised. Sort of reverse cannibalism I guess. Not sure how I feel about that. But $100 to see the snooty British-Indian VP dump a bucket of ice on his head isn't a bad deal, regardless of the cause.

Last edited:
I had a friend who accepted the challenge and offered to give a dollar for every like on their video-- she's at above 300 now. I thought that was a nice spin!

I had a friend who accepted the challenge and offered to give a dollar for every like on their video-- she's at above 300 now. I thought that was a nice spin!

That's what my gf's company did. CEO is giving a $ personally for each like, share, RT, etc.

Highest social media engagement of any post they've ever had.

I question the assertion that 50% of the ALS donations would have been donated anyway

And even if it's true, so what? That number directly contradicts the assertion that this is just "share shift". There's some of that, but the pie is also being grown.

sk082014dAPC20140820074514.jpg

Just saw on Facebook a boards poster took his ice bucket challenge with Lynda Carter.

Had a softball team mate do it on the Mall in front of the Washington Monument. I'll need to get a link to his FB where it will be posted.

Just saw on Facebook a boards poster took his ice bucket challenge with Lynda Carter.

Because of you I just learned of Gal Gadot, the vision that challenged Wonder Woman. This chick is perfect.

This board confirms the saying that no good deed goes unpunished.

Apologies if this has already been posted. I've been laughing at this all day

...you do know that's not really oprah, right?

Back