• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Idiot occupies Oval Office, sources: Democrats' fault

Woke up this morning feeeling like life is great and it's just like any other day the past 20 years. Time to check in with tunnels and find out why the world is ending.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ITT: Straight white male is not impacted by policies designed by straight white males. Cites no problem.

If you believe that families aren't trapped in our safety net (migrating from benefit to benefit, and staying on those without limits, often as a way of life), I guess it must simply not be. I'm sure you're right. Let's not change anything, since there are no problems.

Let's call it a weekend, everybody. Good talk.

Outside of social security and Medicare, what safety nets ya talking about? Cause when I see governmental spending pie charts, I don't see any big piece of the pie that worries me not mentioned above. And bmoney's dropping #facts

Outside of social security and Medicare, what safety nets ya talking about? Cause when I see governmental spending pie charts, I don't see any big piece of the pie that worries me not mentioned above. And bmoney's dropping #facts

It's not about the money, it's about the money's impact on people's lives. This isn't a fiscal issue.

It's not about the money, it's about the money's impact on people's lives. This isn't a fiscal issue.

My sister makes $10/Hr and has 3 kids by herself, surely there's gotta be some safety net she qualifies for, what we missing out on? I can save some money here and I'm ignorant on the subject.

My sister makes $10/Hr and has 3 kids by herself, surely there's gotta be some safety net she qualifies for, what we missing out on? I can save some money here and I'm ignorant on the subject.

palma, meet two parent households solving all the world's problems

I would think food stamps at the bare minimum.

Three kids, no dad, not valuable enough to society to make more than 10/HR I afraid to say your sister is being sent to a "reeducation" camp in jhmd's utopia.

palma, meet two parent households solving all the world's problems

Well she was married to a pastor for 20 years, but then he cheated on her with another member of the congregation. If ya can't trust the pastors who can ya trust?

Well she was married to a pastor for 20 years, but then he cheated on her with another member of the congregation. If ya can't trust the pastors who can ya trust?

Your sister needs a lawyer.

palma is black?

I'm paraphrasing parables, but my fav bible verse is the one where Jesus says to give to the poor unless they have met their lifetime limits.

Able-bodied people with a single payer health care system and a free public education are expected to provide for themselves in our economy. I don't think that's unreasonable.

It's not unreasonable. However, despite your magnanimity some will not. What will we do with them?

I'm not sure I've ever seen JH get worked like this

Damn bmoney

I don't share his expectation that a minimum wage job (or similar entry-level job) is supposed to be a career. The whole idea of employment is advancement. If you accept the notion that people should start and finish their working careers in a line of work that doesn't support themselves, then his point is valid. I don't share that assumption.

I'm paraphrasing parables, but my fav bible verse is the one where Jesus says to give to the poor unless they have met their lifetime limits.

I feel like Jesus would give to the poor. I highly doubt he ever said, "Don't worry about it. Caeser's got this."

It's not unreasonable. However, despite your magnanimity some will not. What will we do with them?

Their is a sphere for private charity. A big one. But there is a huge difference between filling in the gaps and creating an entitlement to a way of life.

Religious leaders are the last people anyone should trust. Except maybe RevDeac

Back