• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Idiot occupies Oval Office, sources: Democrats' fault

It's been fun to see posters who I always perceived to be somewhat conservative/Republican shift over the past year or so to be more critical of the GOP while other right-wing posters just flew right on out to the far right and continue to defend anything.

You're an example of the former yourself, right?

It seems like the latter are mostly not Wake grads, 80s Deacs or earlier, and/or live outside the US.

Yeah I guess long term I am - I would just call that "thinking for myself" though. Kids are always going to be inclined to their parents' political affiliation, it's the top indicator of political identity (identity of your parents).

I was just thinking in the last 6 months to a year even. The shift has been intriguing.

that is quite the Rep deflection BS statement. The GOP is trying so damn hard to bring the Bible into regulation, but it is mainly being used as a vail for their bigotry or inability to accept that this is no longer the 1950s. People no longer get married at 20, have kids at 22 and live in the same town their entire life. Progress should not only be coveted in business but also in society.

Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before

again, keep your Bible out of politics!!!

“The Government of the United States of America is not in any sense founded on the Christian religion.”
~1797 Treaty of Tripoli signed by Founding Father John Adams

I believe your sarcasm meter needs adjustment.

My mom has shifted left over the past year. She used to be a staunch GOP supporter. But she quickly understood that the direction the party was taking was not what she wanted to be a part of.

My dad says he likes Trump, but I'm not certain how much that is just to needle me and how much he actually means. He does watch far too much Foz News though.

Same as my family. He doesn't watch Fox News though. He's just entrenched conservatively it seems. He hates Donald but also seems to hate the liberals. Mom has clearly moved left. Said she doesn't know how any women would vote for or support a party that Donald is in

Good post. I'd rather get rid of the bureaucracy than drop coverage for people who need it.

And if you want to kick working people off welfare, increase the minimum wage.

Increase a major expense item (30 percent for food service but would also obviously hit food inputs as well, another 30 percent or so) and the number of jobs will fall and prices will increase.

Then you're back in the same problem.

There are no shortcuts.

Back