• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

If Bzz succeeds ...

There isn't really an answer other than more wailing and gnashing of e-teeth. Unless you're proposing some form of corporeal punishment. Which would be ... odd.

Great job on being a better fan than BuzzOuters though! That's super important.

Staak years:
13-15
10-18
13-16
8-21

I think even the most ardent BuzzOuter would say we will do better than that in years 2/3/4.

Only because the ACC in 2011 is much much worse than the ACC in the late 80s.

Well let's just say relative to our own team do you think we will improve from year to year based on what you've seen and the make up of our team?

Disagree with your first statement here. As someone who sides with the BZzout crowd, I would love to be proven wrong and each game (though I don't set my schedule around the games anymore so I don't watch them as closely) I pull for a win. I understand the Bzzz supporters who want to give him more time....that is only fair to cast a true opinion of his ability to coach/recruit/rebuild the program, but I believe that 3 years from now that his regime will strongly resemble the Staak years, which I lived through. Who will be the "Dave Odom" that saves us.

BzzIn and BzzOut are broad categories, each group will have it's extremists. The problem is that the extremists tend to define the whole group.

I'd think that if you asked every BzzOuter if they support Wake they would say yes, but reading what they post on the internet would allow for reasonable doubt about that.

The irony is that some of the few wins we did get were against the ACC elite of the day.

I just hope that when/if we go back to being an average ACC team that people don't confuse that with success because of just how bad these last couple seasons have been. As bad as the ACC is right now, the opportunity to be top 4 regularly is not out of reach. State is definitely making strides to be there in the near future.

Staak years:
13-15
10-18
13-16
8-21

I think even the most ardent BuzzOuter would say we will do better than that in years 2/3/4.

I'm certainly not an ardent BuzzOuter but I don't think it's that hard to foresee a similar progression over the next two years. We'll be better next year but if none of the freshmen are impact guys and if neither Carson or Tony make the jump that they seem theoretically capable of making, we may not be much better. And if Travis leaves...

I don't think all those things happen, but I don't think there's an unreasonable chance they do.

Travis gone? After this year?

And just having 13 scholarship players will be immensely helpful for the team. CJ almost died of exhaustion during the Yale game

If Bzz goes from 8 wins to final 8 in four years I would think few could debate his abilities as a coach.

If Bzz goes from 8 wins to final 8 in four years I would think few could debate his abilities as a coach.

If my body grew a vagina on my forearm in the next 3 years, I would think few could debate my ability as a shape shifter.

BTW, no, you can't fuck my forearm. Pervert.

I'm certainly not an ardent BuzzOuter but I don't think it's that hard to foresee a similar progression over the next two years. We'll be better next year but if none of the freshmen are impact guys and if neither Carson or Tony make the jump that they seem theoretically capable of making, we may not be much better. And if Travis leaves...

I don't think all those things happen, but I don't think there's an unreasonable chance they do.

BTW, Staak had Bogues fror the first two years. We might not have gotten 10 wins over two seasons if not for him.

People have to judge for themselves if they should post every thought that comes into their head. Some appear to have no self editing capability.

So true. Posting negative comments about WF coaches or players does nothing that hurt the program and the rise back to prominence.

If my body grew a vagina on my forearm in the next 3 years, I would think few could debate my ability as a shape shifter.

BTW, no, you can't fuck my forearm. Pervert.

Interesting.

Well yeah. If you think that's actually going to happen, few could debate that you're nuts.

TITSWF ended this thread by the way.

Yeah... I, for one, will welcome our optimistic overlords.

As if Bz going 8-8 in the ACC next year will change anybody's mind one way or the other.

My brain literally got a headache immediately after i read the first post as punishment for deciding to read something so trivial and idiotic.

Look at TITS's post. That's not success. We're squandering a great opportunity to be at the top of a sorry league.

No matter how bad the ACC is, I feel pretty confident that no team Bzz coaches will win as few as 8 games. The shit of a roster he had from the get go would have sunk anyone in year 1. His recruiting for 2012 has been as good as anyone could ask for IMO.

His biggest issues this season are rebounding and post play and he's done a better than solid job of addressing that. The team will be much improved next season.

Back