• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

If Bzz succeeds ...

Look at TITS's post. That's not success. We're squandering a great opportunity to be at the top of a sorry league.

I read his post. He said he is worried people will think we are successful if we ever get back to average. I was saying that there will be just as much BuzzOut vitriol if we are average next year.

So 10 ACC teams aren't very good this year and 2 national powerhouses are good. I wish we had planned our down years better.

I read his post. He said he is worried people will think we are successful if we ever get back to average. I was saying that there will be just as much BuzzOut vitriol if we are average next year.

So 10 ACC teams aren't very good this year and 2 national powerhouses are good. I wish we had planned our down years better.

And I'm saying that's justified because that's not success. Bz has no track record of success and has one ACC win to his credit. Average isn't enough to dig himself out of that hole.

Yeah, I don't think 8-8 should or would change anyone's mind. Just like my 1st post on this thread, no one changes their mind unless they have to... All I was saying was that we don't have to worry about undue optimism. That's not likely to happen unless you are already optimistic.

We will never be good under Buzz.

I'm just fucking "whatever" about it now. But you clowns need to stop kidding yourselves. Buzz is terrible.

No matter how bad the ACC is, I feel pretty confident that no team Bzz coaches will win as few as 8 games. The shit of a roster he had from the get go would have sunk anyone in year 1. His recruiting for 2012 has been as good as anyone could ask for IMO.

His biggest issues this season are rebounding and post play and he's done a better than solid job of addressing that. The team will be much improved next season.

Aren't you a state student? Are you really going to say Coach [Redacted]'s recruiting is all we could ask for in light of State's class?

The tide turned on Cam before he was an overwhelming success.

This discussion about Bzz is getting ridiculous. Let's face it. If there were message boards 25 years ago, there would have been people who were StaakOut and people who were StaakIn. Now nobody would admit they were in the latter.

But now we have the search function!

My gameplan would be to hide behind the fact that I was for Buzz before I was against Buzz. Not really concerned one way or another.

You accuse BuzzOUT! people of being divisive in the same thread where you joke that they should be forced to kiss Ron Wellman's ring if Buzz somehow does the unpredictable.

Fantastic.

Shouldn't you be on another thread defending Tony Romo?

Such a hypocrite.

How in the hell does that make me a hypocrite? Please enlighten me.

How in the hell does that make me a hypocrite? Please enlighten me.

I don't know, deacvision...it just seems you take a heavy blade to any perceived weakness at Wake and then proceed to defend to the death a guy whose claim to fame is that he's a 1 handicap golfer who also happened to put his driver into a plasticine starlet of some repute...

Why should they not be given a free walk, fanhood is fanhood and we are all Wake Forest. Whoever wants to pull for anyone or anything can do so.

What punishment should be levied in your opinion?

They should have to wear bad Bzz ties, so we can identify them Scarlet Letter style.

If we make The Dance next year, the Buzzouters will say, "Crean beat #1 and #2 in the same season."

If we make the Sweet 16 under [Redacted], the Buzzouters will say,"We could have made the FF. After all we did in the 60s."

There are many people here so invested in [Redacted]'s failure nothing he does will ever be enough.

If Bzzz has a 6 year period at Wake where he goes over .500 in the ACC 3 years and finishes .500 once and even makes one ACC final and an elite 8, then he will have done much better than I thought was possible.

Of course, that is roughly similar to what Grobe has done with Wake football, and many of the biggest Bzzzz suckups routinely criticize everything about our football program.

Of course to Chris saying a coordinator whose team has been under .500 for three consecutive seasons, while coaching at a second tier football school is not likely to become a HC in D1 is routinely criticizing the guy. Rather than simply dealing with the reality of the coaching world.

And also it's being a "suckup" to say, "it's too soon to make a definitive decision on [Redacted]."

The search function on this site is such a wonderful thing

RJKarl
08-28-2011, 01:45 PM

If we go bowling Grobe is in the discussion from NCOY.

http://www.ogboards.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4366

A perfect illustration that no matter what happens, rj will completely change his tune to match he predetermined positions. Watch out if Bzzzz sniffs .500 in the ACC in the next 2 or 3 years because the haughty declarations of others being bad fans will commence.

Last edited:
Back