• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

If Bzz succeeds ...

The dumbest thing on these boards is making every game, almost every time out or out of bounds play a referendum on Bzz.....

You know I was relentless on Odom for probably his last three years hear, but that position was based on what I saw on the court at Wake, not something that did not happen here.
I believe making every game a referendum on Bzz IS judging him on what is happening here is it not???

I was on the fence. I am now BzzOut because I see the same pattern emerging here that happened at other institutions. He is a horrible defensive and rebounding coach and we are going to get creamed in the ACC if that continues, regardless of talent. We are getting out rebounded by smaller teams, especially on the offensive end. That should not happen but it happens every game.

That's what happened elsewhere. Colorado got progressively worse on the defensive end and with rebounding regardless of talent/size. The Nuggets had the same issue when he was head coach. And what is even more damning is the fact he claims to be teaching it and is bewildered by the fact the players aren't doing better. That tells me he does not have a clue about how to fix it.

Scary.

I did say that...but I was wrong about our level of talent.

But that doesn't change what I posted on this thread nor does it make you right to say my post about the coordinator was "slamming" him rather that simply speaking to the realities of the coaching world.

As an AD would you rather go after a coordinator whose teams have been under.500 for three consecutive seasons or the following:

1. Someone with D1 HC experience.
2. Someone with NFL coaching experience.
3. Someone who has been a coordinator at a higher level of D1 and been successful.
4. Someone with coaching experience and ties to your university.

When you are, at best, fifth or lower in line of demand for any job, the likelihood that you'll get that job is very low.

But Chris you can't admit this. doing so would be admitting you were wrong to say what you did.

You know like I did on this post about COY.

Funny how that only works with a coach you have positions against when he exceeds your preseason expectations.

Funny how that only works with a coach you have positions against when he exceeds your preseason expectations.

That makes no sense whatsoever.

Your position was that I slammed the coach when I stated it was highly unlikely he'd get a HC job. I did no such thing.

But you still won't admit that you are wrong.

What's your next contortion to avoid doing what you demand I do?

I am not holding my breath waiting for you to conclude that our talent level was better than you expected and that Bzzzzz really didn't do a good coaching job if we go 9-7 in the ACC next year.

Seems pretty clear to me.

Regarding your wish list for asst coaches, I wish both our football and basketball staffs were littered with ex division one and pro coaches. Your "ties to the university" criteria seems to be your fallback since the basketball staff doesn't have anybody who qualifies under any of those other criteria.

Last edited:
I am not holding my breath waiting for you to conclude that our talent level was better than you expected and that Bzzzzz really didn't do a good coaching job if we go 9-7 in the ACC next year.

Seems pretty clear to me.

Again that has nothing to do with your position that I slammed our coach saying he was unlikely to get a job for the specific reasons I stated.

If this wasn't so pathetic by you it would be funny.

By the way, 7-9 to 9-7 is what I expect for next year's team. As I've stated many times, if we don't reach that [Redacted] SHOULD get fired.

To be similar to what I thought about our football talent, we'd have to go about 11-5 or 12-4 for the team to exceed what I expect what I posted like the football team did.

"Regarding your wish list for asst coaches, I wish both our football and basketball staffs were littered with ex division one and pro coaches. Your "ties to the university" criteria seems to be your fallback since the basketball staff doesn't have anybody who qualifies under any of those other criteria."

Once again I said no such thing.

what I said was those criteria are what AD's look for in the NEW HC.

I said NOTHING about hiring an assistant with those experiences.

At the VERY LEAST, you should be able to admit you are wrong in the above paragraph:

"As an AD would you rather go after a coordinator whose teams have been under.500 for three consecutive seasons or the following:

1. Someone with D1 HC experience.
2. Someone with NFL coaching experience.
3. Someone who has been a coordinator at a higher level of D1 and been successful.
4. Someone with coaching experience and ties to your university.

When you are, at best, fifth or lower in line of demand for any job, the likelihood that you'll get that job is very low."

That's about HEAD COACHING not about hiring an assistant.

You can't possibly be arrogant and dishonest enough not to admit my post was about hiring a HC. can you?

We are the 11th best team in the ACC right now. You really think a borderline top 20 class is going to transform us to an over .500 team as freshmen?

Sorry I misread your psychobabble. It had so little to do with the thread that I didn't even understand what point you were trying to make.

We are the 11th best team in the ACC right now. You really think a borderline top 20 class is going to transform us to an over .500 team as freshmen?

I'm not sure about 11th, We could be 9th or 10th.

We are 13th in Scout and 15th in ESPN that's not "borderline" Top 20. We are closer to Top 10 than Top 20.

The incoming frosh do several things:

1. Give us lots more size. Even if Devin isn't a big an impact as many think he will be, having talented taller players in Tree and Moto will help a lot.

2. We will be much deeper. One of the reasons Yale caught up is that we ran out of gas. You will see this happen throughout the ACC season.

3. We add two more ball handlers. This is big. Basically Tony is our only decent ball handler now. Tree creates huge matchup problems with the ball in his hands. He can see over the press and few big guys or wings cna stay with a 6'9 who can handle.

4. we'll have scoring from more than two positions.

5. Moto , Tree and Devin add interior defense. This is something we don't have at all this year.

6. Codi will give CJ a lot of help.

7. The experience of our guys having played together. As we are seeing this year, we are playing more cohesively than we did last year.

This is why we should be .500 next year in the ACC. If we aren't there or one game below, [Redacted] should be fired.

We are certainly either 10th or 11th. Maryland is turrible too but they are adding a couple of more players to their team that should help them get better throughout the year.

There are alot of top 50 players not committed. Our class ranking will likely fall for the final rankings.

Even then, it is a class with 3 top 100 players and no top 50 players. Expecting that to transform one of the worst ACC teams top a NCAA contender as rookies is just not realistic.

I will be happy if we are 6-10 or 7-9 next year, and you are saying that this is borderline firing territory.

Chris demands that I immediately admit when I'm wrong and I did....but when asked to do the same, he simply changes the subject over and over and over again.

Chnris, if you aren't willing to something yourself, don't demand others do it.

right now, our class isn't borderline top 20. Happy?

It still has no "impact" players looking at rankings. The ranking is more due to quantity than perceived quality.

I do think that 8-8 next year in the ACC is a little higher than we will finish, but I want to see how many we win this year before I set any bar for next years record. I also want to see how good the freshmen actually are when they get in here.

Making a prediction at this juncture is nothing more than an educated guess (and one without all of the facts as well).

Back