• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

If Bzz succeeds ...

Yes, I misinterpreted what you were saying about Lobo. I admitted that. It doesn't make any sense to me in the context of the thread, but you have clarified what you meant and I accept it.

Was it that tough? It's taken multiple threads and dozens of me saying exactly the same thing for you say this.

Thank you.

Alright just so everyone doesn't fuck up, we're playing 18 conference games next year, not 16.

How much? I'm willing to make a wager that we don't win 8 ACC regular season games next year.

18-game conference schedule next year.

Atrapitis.gif

If we won 8 ACC games this year then Coach [Redacted] should win ACC COY.

So if we don't go 8-10, I expect RJ to be leading the FIRE Bzzzz!!! bandwagon.

It seems to me that alot of the teams that are sucking this year are probably a year or two ahead of where we are in program development and are also bringing in as good if not better classes.

I think we are two years away from serious tourney contention.

Last edited:
The goalposts will change for both sides. On jaybone's prediction thread he said we were going to win 15 games this year and everyone laughed and laughed and said BZ should win NCOY if we won 15... I think we will win 14 or 15 games this year and no one will care.

It seems to me that alot of the teams that are sucking this year are probably a year or two ahead of where we are in program development and are also bringing in as good if not better classes.

Wake should be better than BC and Maryland next year

I have been pretty happy with our play so far and will be really pleased if we win 4 or 5 conference games.

I have been pretty happy with our play so far and will be really pleased if we win 4 or 5 conference games.

I agree with this.

I predicted 10-21 (3-13) in the prediction thread, and hopefully we will reach the 10 tonight. I have been fairly pleased with how we have looked this year.

Only one "bad" loss, and it wasn't that we lost to ASU, but rather that we lost by 26 or whatever it was. Played all the other teams close and TCOB everywhere else. If we can beat Wofford tonight then we did what we needed to do OOC.

The goalposts will change for both sides. On jaybone's prediction thread he said we were going to win 15 games this year and everyone laughed and laughed and said BZ should win NCOY if we won 15... I think we will win 14 or 15 games this year and no one will care.

This is a pretty good point too.

I said 6-10...why would I expect us to win both of the other games?

at 7-11, I'd have a lot of questions.

BC will still suck; GT only gets Carter (a big get but that's it); Clemson's class is weak;UVA loses Scott and our class is a bit better than theirs; we should be competitive with Miami.

State has talent, what they do with it is yet to be seen. MD should be very tough inside.

also by having some talent comes the possibility of beating a good team or two.

rj loves playing the victim card. He should support Liverpool FC.

To prove this even more here are some posts about the 15 win bet (which either requires us to win 5-6 conference games depending on tonight's result).

FYI...KenPom has 5 wins as the 2nd most likely result in conference wins at just over 20%, with 4 in the lead at around 25%.

If we win 15 games, Bzzz should be national coach of the year.

yeah, i think we win more that 8 games...15, NO!

Win 15 games? You're having a laugh, jay!

[/Jim Mora Playoffs] Top 5? Top 5? [/Jim Mora Playoffs]

We're talking about what is likely the worst team in ACC history.

I see us getting anywhere from 7-10 wins.

Put an over/under at 10.5 and I'd be very interested.

I'll take that. No way we win more than 8, if you don't count the exhibition against Ferrum.

If we win 15 games this year, people are going to actually be excited about next year. But it's not going to happen.

There is NO WAY.....we are at 8 wins by the end of this calender year... no need to bet...the boards have a great memory...

If Bzzz has a 6 year period at Wake where he goes over .500 in the ACC 3 years and finishes .500 once and even makes one ACC final and an elite 8, then he will have done much better than I thought was possible.

Of course, that is roughly similar to what Grobe has done with Wake football, and many of the biggest Bzzzz suckups routinely criticize everything about our football program.

How can you even speculate like this? The thought of Buzz being here for a "6 year period" makes me literally sick to my stomach! PLEASE DO NOT SAY SUCH DEPRESSING THINGS!!! :tear:

Dumb thread. If Bzz succeeds, people will be very happy and he will be celebrated. Read the Panthers thread. Pretty much everybody was down on the Cam pick and everybody quickly served themselves crow and ate it. Not a single person is hemming and hawing about "well let's see how he does next year" or something like that.

One of the dumbest things on these boards is claiming that Wake fans would be anything but overjoyed by success from a Wake team.

Big difference in people saying they didn't think Cam will be a succesful pro quarterback and calling him "a fucking loser", "eats unwiped ass" and basically saying that they despised the guy. There has been some raw hatred directed at Buzz by our own fan base, and as an alum I'm pretty ashamed that we'd treat any human being that way, but in particular a guy who thought enough of Wake Forest to send his daughter there well before he was a coaching candidate. I get that he's paid a lot of money to take criticism and "its just a sports message board", but I still think its beneath our university to act like we're Maryland or something. And this comes from me who was not a fan of the hire and am still very much BuzzWaitAndSee.

p.s. not saying you've been cruel towards Buzz, PH. I have no problem with someone saying they don't think he will be succesful here, but the personal stuff from some of us on this board is out of line IMO.

To prove this even more here are some posts about the 15 win bet (which either requires us to win 5-6 conference games depending on tonight's result).

FYI...KenPom has 5 wins as the 2nd most likely result in conference wins at just over 20%, with 4 in the lead at around 25%.

Not so sure that's an example of "goalposts moving" as it is statements made in a vacuum v. statements made with hindsight. In theory, 10 wins OOC was fantastic. In practice, considering the crazy weakness of the OOC schedule, ASU and Richmond, and the recurring issues we have w/ ugly, uninspired play, it's just swell.

People had already seen the schedule.

And I love discounting ACC wins because it is so down. I am sure we would have given him the benefit of the doubt if the ACC was killer.

Back