• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

If Bzz succeeds ...

People had already seen the schedule.

Predicting weakness and seeing it are two different things entirely.

How would you have felt before the season if you were told we'd only beat High Point by 4? You'd be disgusted, right? But in practice, the win was an act of overcoming a lot, complete w/ a guard who couldn't miss and a crowd going full-on bananas. Is being happy with that win an example of "moving the goalposts" or just taking into account the circumstances of the moment?

Actually everyone on the thread predicted we'd lose to High Point. So I'd be pretty cised. Now that we actually beat them everyone says "Who cares, it was HIGH POINT!!!" OR "How pathetic we are happy with a win against HIGH POINT!!!"

Something moved there.

Big difference in people saying they didn't think Cam will be a succesful pro quarterback and calling him "a fucking loser", "eats unwiped ass" and basically saying that they despised the guy. There has been some raw hatred directed at Buzz by our own fan base, and as an alum I'm pretty ashamed that we'd treat any human being that way, but in particular a guy who thought enough of Wake Forest to send his daughter there well before he was a coaching candidate. I get that he's paid a lot of money to take criticism and "its just a sports message board", but I still think its beneath our university to act like we're Maryland or something. And this comes from me who was not a fan of the hire and am still very much BuzzWaitAndSee.

p.s. not saying you've been cruel towards Buzz, PH. I have no problem with someone saying they don't think he will be succesful here, but the personal stuff from some of us on this board is out of line IMO.

Read the Panthers thread. There is some major Cam hate.

That HP game had upset written all over it before the season began.

Then they took Purdue to the buzzer in WL.

Actually everyone on the thread predicted we'd lose to High Point. So I'd be pretty cised. Now that we actually beat them everyone says "Who cares, it was HIGH POINT!!!" OR "How pathetic we are happy with a win against HIGH POINT!!!"

Something moved there.

Not before the High Point game - before the season.

When the schedule came out, I'd say more than 50% of people thought we'd lose at High Point based on the season prediction thread. Some even said something like "there is no way we win AT High Point" without a hint of irony.

When the schedule came out, I'd say more than 50% of people thought we'd lose at High Point based on the season prediction thread. Some even said something like "there is no way we win AT High Point" without a hint of irony.

I'm not asking them. I'm asking you. Before the season, you really would've been happy with a 4-point win at High Point?

And semantics aside, my broader point still stands. Applying analysis and understanding circumstances with regards to a team's progression through the season is using the brain, not moving the goalposts.

I'd like to see us sweep BC and split with GT/Clemson this year.

Personally, I'd be ok with a 4 point win before the season and was even happier with the win after watching the game.

What you are describing is rationalization so that people don't have to change their minds in even the slightest.

At BC will be a tough game. You know they are circling that one.

Personally, I'd be ok with a 4 point win before the season and was even happier with the win after watching the game.

What you are describing is rationalization so that people don't have to change their minds in even the slightest.

And what you are describing is devoid of critical analysis. What if McKie's knee falls out tonight? Should I still hold you unyieldingly to your preseason prediction?

As someone who has defended Bz, I will say this now unequivocally: I will be crushed if we lose a game to BC. I know they will be hyped up for us, but it will be damning on Bz.

They are losing at home as we speak to 2-12 Rhode Island.

Last edited:
The critical analysis of this year's team would not expect much. e lost our #3 and 4 scorers with no one coming in replace them. We have no inside presence and have little to no depth.

And what you are describing is devoid of critical analysis. What if McKie's knee falls out tonight? Should I still hold you unyieldingly to your preseason prediction?

A major injury is one thing. Most of the critical analysis you describe is some sort of subjective mumbo-jumbo about schedule strength and style. Wins not being pretty enough is not a valid criticism for our team IMO.

As someone who has defended Bz, I will say this now unequivocally: I will be crushed if we lose a game to BC. I know they will be hyped up for us, but it will be damning on Bz.

They are losing at home as we speak to 2-12 Rhode Island.

Yep, crazy that BC was only a 3 point HOME favorite to a 2-12 Rhode Island team.

A major injury is one thing. Most of the critical analysis you describe is some sort of subjective mumbo-jumbo about schedule strength and style. Wins not being pretty enough is not a valid criticism for our team IMO.

So injuries are the only variable that are "okay" to consider when altering predictions for a team's potential and performance? I don't agree with that at all, but I also disagree with the idea that "a win is a win."

Last edited:
If we played at BC right now, I am guessing we would be a 4 or 5 point favorite?

Back