• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

If you could change any rule in pro sports

ok, no problem with that. but if you fumble oob anywhere on the field it's a turnover. just keep it consistent, that's all.
Well if you recover a fumble anywhere else on the field you don’t score 6 points 😂.

It probably doesn’t make sense in todays game where there are a lot more acrobatic plays reaching for the pylon than when it was glorified rugby.

Wanting to eliminate shitty human error and having outcomes based off skill and athletics doesn’t seem like it’s a passion for computers but for making the sports about the sport and not shitty umps/refs which takes away from the game. You seem like a luddite that sits in the stands filling out his printed box sheet with his no2 pencil when all that info is easily populated on your phone. Sounds like you might be the old timey nerd.
Lol. I hope your day gets better. I'm sorry terrible umpires take away from you watching baseball. BTW come check out the baseball thread. We have a good team this year. And there are definitely several people on here that can attest I'm pretty fun at Wake baseball games.

Well if you recover a fumble anywhere else on the field you don’t score 6 points 😂.

It probably doesn’t make sense in todays game where there are a lot more acrobatic plays reaching for the pylon than when it was glorified rugby.

we're talking about the ball going oob, not staying in the field of play so i don't even know what you're talking about. and your rugby scrums near the goal line isn't a very compelling argument. anyway, i've already spent more time on this than i should have, lol

we're talking about the ball going oob, not staying in the field of play so i don't even know what you're talking about. and your rugby scrums near the goal line isn't a very compelling argument. anyway, i've already spent more time on this than i should have, lol
Ah shit my bad. I thought I was agreeing with you. Old rule that doesn't make sense anymore. And you're right, it happens so infrequently wouldn't be in the top 100 things to worry about changing...

ok, no problem with that. but if you fumble oob anywhere on the field it's a turnover. just keep it consistent, that's all.
I agree with consistency. However, I would go the other way with fumbles into the end zone and then out of bounds.

Defense only has to swat the ball out of bounds to get a turnover, while offense has to obtain control of the ball inbounds to maintain possession. I would give out of bounds endzone fumbles to the offense, just like any other out of bounds fumble. However, I would spot it at either the 2 yard line or previous line of scrimmage, whichever is farther from the goal line.

I agree with consistency. However, I would go the other way with fumbles into the end zone and then out of bounds.

Defense only has to swat the ball out of bounds to get a turnover, while offense has to obtain control of the ball inbounds to maintain possession. I would give out of bounds endzone fumbles to the offense, just like any other out of bounds fumble. However, I would spot it at either the 2 yard line or previous line of scrimmage, whichever is farther from the goal line.
Technically that's a penalty. For the reason you mentioned.

Lol. I hope your day gets better. I'm sorry terrible umpires take away from you watching baseball. BTW come check out the baseball thread. We have a good team this year. And there are definitely several people on here that can attest I'm pretty fun at Wake baseball games.

Sorry this will be my last response here as computers are advanced technology and ruining the 5000 year old ability to communicate. You can expect my hand written response to your post in 7-10 business days.

Get rid of offside in hockey and soccer, with soccer making the 6 yard box similar to the crease in hockey. Only goalies allowed unless the ball has entered.

Technically that's a penalty. For the reason you mentioned.

A rarely called and difficult to discern one. Was the defender diving at the ball and not controlling it but pushing it out of bound done by his choice or because his dive wasn't far enough?

one of the things i'd hate to see lost from baseball is catcher framing. That's my only reason against an automated strike zone. I think it's a wonderful skill that would be useless. Instead of a skilled receiver behind the plate you just need a guy who can block and has a hose.
also would minimize base stealing as a Catcher wouldn't have to worry about receiving a pitch...they could "cheat" the receiving piece to get rid of the ball quicker.

I legit have no idea how I would teach defense if there was no charge call.

I legit have no idea how I would teach defense if there was no charge call.
I’m just saying Townie, defensive rotation is predicated especially today on getting help and funneling the offensive player to the mesh point in that help side. It’s really, really difficult to move your feet quickly enough to stay in front of a driving player, and if that player doesn’t have to worry about the possibility of a charge call, then there’s nothing to stop them from driving headlong into the lane on most possessions. If you don’t like the amount of fouls called, taking out the charge would kill you because the offense would be getting bailed out a ton more on reaches or block attempts. The charge is the most impactful play in the game. It’s a personal foul, team foul, and turnover. I love a good charge. Probably not enough to call one in a pickup game though.

Just play regular help defense and if the offensive player barrels through the lane, it's a foul.

I’m just saying Townie, defensive rotation is predicated especially today on getting help and funneling the offensive player to the mesh point in that help side. It’s really, really difficult to move your feet quickly enough to stay in front of a driving player, and if that player doesn’t have to worry about the possibility of a charge call, then there’s nothing to stop them from driving headlong into the lane on most possessions. If you don’t like the amount of fouls called, taking out the charge would kill you because the offense would be getting bailed out a ton more on reaches or block attempts. The charge is the most impactful play in the game. It’s a personal foul, team foul, and turnover. I love a good charge. Probably not enough to call one in a pickup game though.
there is a special place in hell for people who call charges in pick up games

What’s the difference between that and a charge?
A defender would just play defense instead of trying to be a statue with their feet outside a circle.

A defender would just play defense instead of trying to be a statue with their feet outside a circle.
But if you remove the charge rule what’s your criteria for an offensive foul in the situation of the out of control offensive player?

But if you remove the charge rule what’s your criteria for an offensive foul in the situation of the out of control offensive player?
Same as it is anywhere else on the court.

Back