• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

If you could change any rule in pro sports

If a kickoff goes through the uprights you should get a point. If you need to move the kickoff spot back to make it a little more difficult then do it (not sure what % even is on that now if kickers tried to make it). This will address the general injury issue from teams running full speed at each other on kickoffs by incentivizing the kicking team to just try and get a point. Plus it has potential to make NFL games even more chaotic towards the end.

Any and all excessive celebration penalties disappear. I want touchdowns celebrated with fucking fireworks if the player set it up beforehand. Football is fun, let it be fun. Also let them wear cool cleats like soccer.

If a kickoff goes through the uprights you should get a point. If you need to move the kickoff spot back to make it a little more difficult then do it (not sure what % even is on that now if kickers tried to make it). This will address the general injury issue from teams running full speed at each other on kickoffs by incentivizing the kicking team to just try and get a point. Plus it has potential to make NFL games even more chaotic towards the end.
Longer kicks in football should be worth more than short kicks.
These are already being tried in XFL

If a FGA hits the upright it gets a point. If it hits the upright and goes through, that's a 4-point fg.

so this one's a 2-point miss. Had it gone through, that's 5 points:

Baseball draft rules for all sports, and all sports have a professional development opportunity outside of college.

Baseball draft rules for all sports, and all sports have a professional development opportunity outside of college.
nah, no baseball draft rules, but I agree with your second point a lot

college soccer is my ideal: an option for some kids that can be a path to professional soccer, but not the primary path

college soccer as it is doesn't exist without the $$$ from football, but don't worry about that

Im getting rid of the charge.
This. I've started looking at the game differently after reading more critiques of the charge. Now it looks ridiculous to see a professional basketball player fully capable of playing defense run in front of a ballhandler to become a statue. And then 7 times out of 10, it turns into a replay review. So we watch a slow-mo replay to see if he became a statue quickly enough. Then a "rules expert" (something that did not exist in broadcasts like 6-8 years ago) comes on to tell us what Section C.1.2 about being a statue.

Back