• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

If you could change any rule in pro sports

It's a free play whether a DB knows or not.

Disagree, wufu. Both PI penalties work fine for their respective leagues. I'd rather see both leagues use the NFL OT but guarantee alternating possessions. The kicking team gets to respond to an offensive score.

Last edited:
It's a free play whether a DB knows or not.

Not even close. A free play implies the defense can do something intentionally to its benefit because there is a preceding penalty on the play, like going deep when the d-line jumps offside.

A roughing call almost always take play at or near the end of the play anyway

Not even close. A free play implies the defense can do something intentionally to its benefit because there is a preceding penalty on the play, like going deep when the d-line jumps offside.

A roughing call almost always take play at or near the end of the play anyway
No. A free play means a team can do whatever they want without consequence because the worst thing that can happen has already happened.

As a decent golfer and huge golf fan, the 2-stroke penalty for telling another player the club you just hit. This came up with Koepka at the Masters a few weeks ago. With every event televised it's ridiculous and way past its use.

Everyone on planet earth can know the fucking club that was just hit on tour and the players honestly don't give a shit what the other player hit. They have hit THOUSANDS of balls and know exactly the club for the yardage for their game.

MLB: secret baseball once a game and the pitcher nor hitter knows about it but if there’s a home run with it, it’s worth 5
NFL: QBs have to be 5’5” or shorter or 6’9” or taller
PGA: no more white guys
Tennis: a target you can shoot for about 200 feet straight over top of the dead center of the net and if you hit it you win that game
MLS: bring back the old shootout rules
F1: let me drive the safety car
NBA: no notes

Can't believe nobody mentioned the NFL PI spot foul. The college 15yd penalty is so much better.

Also NFL OT rules suck. Do college OT but start at the 40 or 50.
For NFL OT I remember seeing some analysis a few years back that showed a stronger correlation between winning the coin toss and winning in OT in college than in the NFL, but starting at the 40 or 50 could help mitigate this.

For football I think something like adding 5 additional minutes and giving each team 1 additional timeout if the clock expires and the score is tied would make for more interesting finishes. Just keep adding time until someone is ahead when the clock hits zero and limit it to 15 additional mins or something.

Has anyone said quarters for cbb yet? If not then this. 99% of the product is unwatchable.

And gimme that Elam ending for cbb and NBA.

The old CBA rule where you got a point for each Quarter you won and 3 points for winning the game. You could get blown out in the first half and still come away with 1 or 2 points. Forces you to play for the whole game

As a decent golfer and huge golf fan, the 2-stroke penalty for telling another player the club you just hit. This came up with Koepka at the Masters a few weeks ago. With every event televised it's ridiculous and way past its use.

Everyone on planet earth can know the fucking club that was just hit on tour and the players honestly don't give a shit what the other player hit. They have hit THOUSANDS of balls and know exactly the club for the yardage for their game.
This isn't even remotely true.

If anything it should be better enforced, Koepka not getting penalized was chickenshit. Players aren't watching live TV coverage while playing - they definitely don't know what club a playing partner is hitting all the time, and when a shot comes up 10 yards short they absolutely want to know what the player just hit. Let's say the guys are friends like JT and Spieth - JT turns around after coming up short and signals 6 iron to Jordan, he switches clubs and flags it. It's just straight cheating.

Has anyone said quarters for cbb yet? If not then this. 99% of the product is unwatchable.

And gimme that Elam ending for cbb and NBA.
i'm torn on the elam ending -- the endless FTs and timeouts are annoying, but buzzer beaters are way fun

Make catching the golden snitch worth 75 points instead of 150. Basically catching the Snitch means winning the match and the rest of game is pointless. Dropping the snitch down to 75 pts would make the quaffle scoring more useful and interesting.

Could we do something to stop the clock stopping fouling and free throw parade that every single less that 12 point differential college basketball game turns into. The final 2 minutes of game clock should not take 28 minutes.

While I’m sure the purists will revolt i don’t get the ball in the divot in the fairway rule. You hit it where you should you shouldn’t have to deal with a divot.

They should then off the wind when they're hitting off the tee.

This isn't even remotely true.

If anything it should be better enforced, Koepka not getting penalized was chickenshit. Players aren't watching live TV coverage while playing - they definitely don't know what club a playing partner is hitting all the time, and when a shot comes up 10 yards short they absolutely want to know what the player just hit. Let's say the guys are friends like JT and Spieth - JT turns around after coming up short and signals 6 iron to Jordan, he switches clubs and flags it. It's just straight cheating.

This is so out-of-touch I don't even know where to begin. The players absolutely KNOW what the other guy is hitting. But, why would they care? These guys know what they hit 180 yards. They also know against the wind and with the wind behind them. They hit THOUSANDS of balls. They don't need to be told what to hit. Just so ridiculous and outdated.

This isn't some weekend municipal golf tournament. These guys know their games and play for millions. What some other player hits has almost ZERO influence on their mindset or game.

Back